Getting glasses mended

Deserted

Does anyone know of anywhere downtown where some handyman repairs glasses. Mine need fixing but aren't broken. When I took them back to the shop they said they don't have a technician and can't do anything, leaving me rather stuck. Anyone know of anyone who specializes in such work and can do jobs the opticians can't do? 

• Confused 2

I bought a pair of prescrition eyeglasses when I was in the Philippines this past November as my insurance company covered it at the hospital I went to.  Two weeks ago I accidently sat on the damned things and bent them quite badly.  Took them to a Top Charoen optical center here in Hua Hin and they said they would send them out to be fixed by their technician. Three days later I was called and told they were ready. I went in and picked them up and was surprised when she told me no charge. Of course YMMV.

• Like 1

I wear bi-focals, blind as a bat without them, forever popping the lenses out, I have 3 pairs, whenever they get loose I've taken them in to any opticians and they have always been sorted for free over here, I always tip whoever sorts them out, I always offer a 100 baht, once in Pattaya, Central Mall the guy refused to take the money.