Maternity Leave

Hi,

I understand that maternity leave is for max 90 days - and that there is some compensation from Social Office.

My question is about the remuneration.

According to:

www.labour.go.th/en/right.html#1

"Leave pay

* Wages must be paid for maternity leave that not exceeding 45 days per year."

Does that mean, if the leave is within one year, that the max leave is 90 days, but the max salary is 45 days, i.e. 50% - or is it 45 working days (est. 2 months)?

Thanks, Robert

From a Social Security Benefits Brochure.

QUALIFYING CONDITIONS

The insured person has paid contributions for maternity benefits for not less than 7 months within 15 months before delivery.

ENTITLEMENT TO BENEFITS

Cash benefits payable to insured females will be at the rate of 50 percent of average wages for up to 90 days of absence from work.

I didn't see anything about this having to be taken within one year, but I would assume it would be for the time right prior to and just after the delivery.

The Soc Sec Office has benefit handouts in English.

Thx, but the Labour Law and the Social Security is not the same.

I know that SSO will pay 50% (of max 15,000 a month) to the employee - the question is, what I have to pay to the employee.

If Labour Law says 45 days (within a year), and if SSO also pays 7,500, it seems like SSO compensates the deducted salary?

I just want to do it the right way, and make sure that the employee gets as much as possible, as well as making sure that I pay as little as possible...

Pls pls, does Labout Law saying that the employer has to pay 50% of the salary?

• 1 year later...

I just want to do it the right way, and make sure that the employee gets as much as possible, as well as making sure that I pay as little as possible. I think they will accept the leave for 45 days under maternity period. They will not give remuneration if the period exceeds more than that. We should check with the HR people and should confirm with the management about the maternity leaves.

===============================================================

steve

SuperBabyGuide

Edited by stevejohnson