How pedantic are you ?

I’m not normally one to play one-up-man-ship on the forum, but I did get a run of tee-shirts printed “I’m a boring pedantic bastard…”

not auto-corrected by the forum software, and I forget if it was “I’m” or “I am” - more probably the latter, for spacing on the shirt.

I rest my case.

I read the mortgage/sales contract the Title Search Company (in the U.S. of A.) gave me.   She told me that in the 13 years she owned the company, I was the first that she could remember that read the entire contract.   Usually, she would put a contract in front of the buyer, tell them, initial here, here, here, here, sign here, here, here, here and they did.   I bought the house at $240,000.00 in 1991.

Six years later I moved to a different state, rented the house and bought a second house.   When I visited the first house to be sure maintenance was being done,  Steve, the neighbor across the street came over and told me that he had refinanced his house at 125% of the then market value which was about $325,000.00 or $350,000.00, don't remember which, with an 11.5% interest rate.   Steve also said he thought the interest rate was going to be 9%.    He then gave me advice on how to buy homes and sell them.   What I owed on both my homes was less than his one home and my interest rate was less than his too. 

Later I found out that Steve put his house up for sale and found out he had a 10% prepayment penalty to pay off his mortgage.   

I don't think Steve read his contract.  I am sure the interest rate and prepayment penalty information was in it!

I worked a short time for a security company that falsified the times they checked doors and buildings when they never did.   I quit after finding out if you did what you were supposed to do, you know, actually drive to all the building you were supposed to be checking, you could not do it in the 8 hours of your shift.   I told the supervisor I was not going to lie about doing the job.   Later I heard the company was sued by some of it's customers.   People were stealing from the customers at the times the security company employees wrote they had checked the building and nothing was wrong.

• Like 1