Where to get high performance Wok Burner and Wok

moogradod

I will deploy a professional Wok Station in my garden. I want a professional setup although only intended for private use. Does anybody know where to get a gas burner and Wok in Pattaya - and what is as well important - professional advice (Wok material, Size, Shape, Gas Type (I guess Buthan) etc.)

I believe its the best to buy the burner and the wok together that they will fit. I would like the setup to be as versatile as possible with possibility of real high heat (I think of up to 200'000 BTU), the real thing - not a kitchen lower spec). It must be a sturdy construction - if possible on 4 legs.

Thanks for any help.

46 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

Check out gas stoves at https://kitchenwaremarket.com.

I have a carbon steel wok, 36cm (14") with a wooden handle. Try Lazada or shopee,

Screenshot 2023-04-12 170953.png

Screenshot 2023-04-12 170857.png

Kitchenwaremarket looks very promising. Thank you. But it looks like it is an online shop only. I will have my wife have a look at their text on the website when she comes back from making her nails (which takes ages). Maybe Kitchenwaremarket has a sales outlet, too. A burner like in the picture would be exactly it, but 2 burners would be enough. Your 36 cm carbon steel wok is quite a monster but I guess that is a must to gain the benefits of wok cooking. This wok from Lazada looks very good, but unfortunately again an online shop.

Then they must as well be able to supply the gas. I have as well a gas grill which I brought with me from Switzerland (we imported a container). Need as well gas for this one (there are different types, this may be a sensitive matter)

I guess you do not operate your wok inside the house. So the bottle of gas must be standing as well outside - in the glaring sun. I have no experience at all, but is there never a danger that the thing explodes when it heats up ?

Edited by moogradod

Cooking gas in Thailand in big cylinders what they called 'LPG' Liquified Petroleum Gas is a mix of propane and butane, 

pure butane comes in cans for portable stove only, 

so check if your imported burner/stove is compatible with what 

for appliance bought in Thailand, you don't get a choice for the type of gas, only low pressure or high pressure depending on the appliance 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Cooking gas in Thailand in big cylinders what they called 'LPG' Liquified Petroleum Gas is a mix of propane and butane, 

pure butane comes in cans for portable stove only, 

so check if your imported burner/stove is compatible with what 

for appliance bought in Thailand, you don't get a choice for the type of gas, only low pressure or high pressure depending on the appliance 

Thank you very much. I am learning.

Interesting, I did not know that, so my Iwatani portable stove uses pure buthane in the cans you mention and that we use and the rest is LPG. I hope my expensive Garden Grill will work with that. I'll check it. Thanks again.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:00 PM, moogradod said:

Kitchenwaremarket looks very promising. Thank you. But it looks like it is an online shop only. I will have my wife have a look at their text on the website when she comes back from making her nails (which takes ages).

Shouldn't that be your wife's ( assuming she is a Thai ) job to get what you want, or do you not trust her?

If you absolutely can't get her to do it, find a local food cart or restaurant that has what you want and ask them ( or get her to ask them ) where they got it.

On 4/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, Thailand J said:

Check out gas stoves at https://kitchenwaremarket.com.

I have a carbon steel wok, 36cm (14") with a wooden handle. Try Lazada or shopee,

Screenshot 2023-04-12 170857.png

I ordered exactly the wok in the picture (36 cm) and it was delivered already. Now waiting for the burner which I found on Aliexpress, ordered and paid with delivery estimate around June 10. So far I am not so confident that it will arrive at all (it did cost me around 10KTHB with shipping) but this creates now my first Aliexpress experience.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to when could have been cooking ages ago just by going to one of those shops that sell professional cooking equipment to restaurants.

Huge variety in all the ones I've been in.

Do you post because you would like to help me or you just like to insult my intellect ? It follows a bit a pattern I recognize with many of your posts. At least the ones you did adress to me. Ignore and Bye-Bye.