Long Stay Hotel Versus Appartment Rental

hi

i intend going to thailand(mainly bkk) for a period of between 3-6 months,starting oct/nov '07(probably 6 months max,unless buddha intervenes).

(have done the tourist/holiday trips several times;usually stay at 1k-1.5k baht/night hotels;so i'm not bill gates)

i am interested in your observations on the pros and cons of the accommodation options(mainly price,i suppose)

i have emailed a few hotels looking for long stay quotes,but no reply yet after 4 days.is there any other way i can source this info?

with a hotel,obviously i avoid contracts/deposits/utility bills etc;but i imagine it becomes a bit restrictive after a while.

thanks in advance.

antojik

Krit Thai Mansion is a just below average hotel very close to MBK and about 20 seconds to the BTS, (really!). It's 900 per night but they do discounts for 1 week, 1 month etc. They have a website too.

Edited by nidge

Its a no-brainer, it really is.

Apartments are more settled and offer a more home-from-home feel than some hotel room can ever offer. They are usually much cheaper than a comparable hotel and have expats and thais staying there that offer a more grounded aspect on Thailand than hotel folk.

Sorry if I come across as a wee bit harsh but hotels are fine and dandy for short term stays but anything over a month is like throwing your money away.

hi

i intend going to thailand(mainly bkk) for a period of between 3-6 months,starting oct/nov '07(probably 6 months max,unless buddha intervenes).

(have done the tourist/holiday trips several times;usually stay at 1k-1.5k baht/night hotels;so i'm not bill gates)

i am interested in your observations on the pros and cons of the accommodation options(mainly price,i suppose)

i have emailed a few hotels looking for long stay quotes,but no reply yet after 4 days.is there any other way i can source this info?

with a hotel,obviously i avoid contracts/deposits/utility bills etc;but i imagine it becomes a bit restrictive after a while.

thanks in advance.

antojik

If out Boozing 24/7 and being a "naughty boy" then go for the hotel, slumping back in a Hotel Room at all times of day or night is a no brainer........and if you get a fair enough hotel yer won't get any unwelcome knocks on the door.........

I did around 6 months once in a Hotel in BKK, only meant to stay a week :o:D