Buying car from Bangkok, wanting to register in Phuket

zzzzz

as the title, i want buy a used car in Bangkok, but have it registered in Phuket, where I live>
will a dealer deal with that for me?
What do i need l provide other than my passport? ( COR?) 
OR

do I get the blue book with my name in the book and than register it on my own back in Phuket?

The previous solution is hand the money to the dealer in Bangkok and drive to Phuket and hope the car, registration and paperwork is in order when you go to the DLT in phuket.

You trust the secondhand car dealer?

I bought a used car from a dealer in Bangkok. Went to the DLT in Bangkok with the agent from the dealer (The dealer doesnt go, there are people who act for the dealer in taking the car through the DLT. Their fee is paid by the dealer).

The DLT checked the car and the paperwork before allowing the registration to be transferred to my name. I confirmed the car would be re-registered in phuket and was given a time limit to get that done (1-3 months, dont remember. Was told DLT dont like people having Bangkok registrations on cars used in other provinces, so a re-registration was suggested).

The DLT at CW Bangkok checks the car and the paperwork all at the one visit.

1 Hour for vehicle inspection. 30 minutes for altering blue book, 3 hours queuing.

With my name entered in the blue book I handed the cash to the agent who called the dealer and confirmed the sale had gone through.

Drove to Phuket, took all the expected papers to the DLT in phuket, handed over the bangkok numberplates they checked everything, altered the blue book and gave the car phuket plates . All in one visit.

Any problems would hopefully have been spotted at the DLT in Bangkok before paying for the car.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, EmrNon said:

I bought a used car from a dealer in Bangkok. Went to the DLT in Bangkok with the agent from the dealer (The dealer doesnt go, there are people who act for the dealer in taking the car through the DLT. Their fee is paid by the dealer).

The DLT checked the car and the paperwork before allowing the registration to be transferred to my name. I confirmed the car would be re-registered in phuket and was given a time limit to get that done (1-3 months, dont remember. Was told DLT dont like people having Bangkok registrations on cars used in other provinces, so a re-registration was suggested).

How did you get a certificate of residence in Bangkok if you are living in Phuket?

• Like 1

I got the certificate of residence from immigration in phuket, with my phuket address.

That was accepted by DLT at CW bangkok.

In Bangkok they altered the owners name in the blue book, changed it to the new owner (me).

In Phuket they changed only the number of the vehicle on the front of the blue book (same as the numberplate), but had no reason to change the owners details inside which were correct.