Man Rams Benz Into Bus Passengers, Killing One

george

Looks like the outcome the piece of <deleted> Moo Ham and his disgusting family would have wanted. This sad story, has now slid off the radar and they'll be able to carry on enjoying their priviliged lifestyle, whilst the victims will never get any real justice. A typical story of how money and connections perpetuates a two tier justice system.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the outcome the piece of <deleted> Moo Ham and his disgusting family would have wanted. This sad story, has now slid off the radar and they'll be able to carry on enjoying their priviliged lifestyle, whilst the victims will never get any real justice. A typical story of how money and connections perpetuates a two tier justice system.

I think that you're being too kind with your words, Mr Toad. There is no justice system here, only a 100% corrupt and oppresive everything.

Every single institutional and governmental department is completly riddled to the core with corruption, based solely on money and power, with a total disregard for human rights, kindness, moral values and laws.

I think that you're being too kind with your words, Mr Toad. There is no justice system here, only a 100% corrupt and oppresive everything.

Every single institutional and governmental department is completly riddled to the core with corruption, based solely on money and power, with a total disregard for human rights, kindness, moral values and laws.

are you referring to thailand or to the USA?? :o

oj simpson, rings a bell

mick Jackson, "childish"

the Enron trial

or the best line ever"I did not have sex with that woman"

if you wish we can a have a history where the courts and power play is more corupt. Thailand or the west.

where do you come from that you patronise thailand with this superiority. :D

back to the post...

I hope that this will not go away and if it does then at least that the families will be compensated.

oj simpson, rings a bell

mick Jackson, "childish"

the Enron trial

if you wish we can a have a history where the courts and power play is more corupt. Thailand or the west.

back to the post...

I hope that this will not go away and if it does then at least that the families will be compensated.

Highdiver, I'm not just refering to Thailand as an example of the influence of money and power has on the justice system. Hence, I did not say Thailand, it can be attributed to pretty much every country in the world. So please do not patronise me by claiming that I am using some form of superiority until you have read what I have said a little more carefully.

Edited by mrtoad

oj simpson, rings a bell

mick Jackson, "childish"

the Enron trial

back to the post...

'Diver, you only have one song. This is Thaivisa, not USvisa or UKvisa.

Back to Thailand; You know very well that this will go away. The families may get a tiny sum in compensation for the murder of their daughter but justice will never be done because:-

In Thailand, every single institutional and governmental department is completly riddled to the core with corruption, based solely on money and power, with a total disregard for human rights, kindness, moral values and Thai law.

are you referring to thailand or to the USA?? :D

oj simpson, rings a bell

mick Jackson, "childish"

the Enron trial

back to the post...

Highdiver, I'm not just refering to Thailand as an example of the influence of money and power has on the justice system. Hence, I did not say Thailand, it can be attributed to pretty much every country in the world. So please do not patronise me by claiming that I am using some form of superiority until you have read what I have said a little more carefully.

Mr Toad

I did not reply to you . I replied to[u] jasreeve17 [/u]... :o

so before you use words like patronise, superiority and such please make sure you read who the reply was intended to.

oj simpson, rings a bell

mick Jackson, "childish"

the Enron trial

back to the post...

Mr Toad

so before you use words like patronise, superiority and such please make sure you read who the reply was intended to.

Then why quote my post??

oj simpson, rings a bell

mick Jackson, "childish"

the Enron trial

back to the post...

Mr Toad

Then why quote my post??

ill explain it real slowly.

first look up 5 posts and you will see that i replied to jasreeve17 who replied to you.

As such I was replying to his reply...thus confirming and validating what you initialy posted.

you see I am on your side....

'Diver, as usual, you are confused. Please take your morning pill, you seem to have forgotten to do so, again.

Mid said it well. Two wrongs don't make a right.

you are vey right about the "two"

If you were twice as smart as you are now, you'd still be absolutely making a fool od your self with the Anti Thai remarks.

if its so bad in thaialnd why are you here??

first look up 5 posts and you will see that i replied to jasreeve17 who replied to you.

As such I was replying to his reply...thus confirming and validating what you initialy posted.

'Diver, look at your post above. Are you impressed by it? :o

Regardless, I suggest that we all hope that Thai law and justice wins the day.

The murderer gets long term care in a nice secure mental facility (which his parents can pay for), and the victims get a satisfactory judical outcome.

Well, you should certainly know the definition of patronising with your above comment.

'Diver, look at your post above. Are you impressed by it? :D

actually yes... considering the the level of the debate :o

Regardless, I suggest that we all hope that Thai law and justice wins the day.

The murderer gets long term care in a nice secure mental facility (which his parents can pay for), and the victims get a satisfactory judical outcome.

Amen to that!!!

'Diver, as usual, you are confused. Please take your morning pill, you seem to have forgotten to do so, again.

Mid said it well. Two wrongs don't make a right.

you are vey right about the "two"

If you were twice as smart as you are now, you'd still be absolutely making a fool od your self with the Anti Thai remarks.

if its so bad in thaialnd why are you here??

'Diver, another gem of a post from you. :o

Wherever I live, I am always interested in law and order, for myself and all others in society. Part of everyone's social obligation is to have respect for law and order. This includes rich and poor, policemen, farmers and government officals.

In Thailand there is a huge problem in this area. Don't fool yourself to believe otherwise.

The tired old reply of why don't you leave had to be pushed out at somepoint.

Jaserve, I think that we probably have the same opinion that justice should be served. Some people here believe that it is wrong to criticise Thailand and if you do you should leave. That in itself is an apolgy on behalf of those that in essence are breaking the law.

Personally, I like living here and in general I like the people. I just don't like corruption at any level whether it be in Thailand, United Kingdom, USA etc. Corruption never benefits the masses, and the poor man on the street always pays the ultimate price because of it.

I sincerely hope that Mooham is sent to a proper correctional faciltiy as opposed to a Psychaitric one, as from my understanding there was no real evidence of a major mental illness, just a lack of moral and social responsibility from him and his family.

Edited by mrtoad

In an associated thread it was claimed that his, {the driver's} family were the owners of the Landmark {they also own hotels in the UK}. Is that true? If so maybe a boycott, and publicity, as per the CM2 and the Lady? After all, if this is correct, then the wallet is a very tender spot.

Regards

Good and fair post, Mr Toad.

I wasn't sure about the youngster's mental state, although the chance of an unbiased and true doctor's report has to be close to zero...

:o good try

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, but it looks like this guy just gargled.

UPDATE.... unfortunately, it's not good

Benz driver's victims not paid as yet

The Pachimsawas family has yet to give any promised help or assistance to those affected by a road rage incident involving their son Kanpitak at a crowded bus stop in early July, according to the daughter of the woman who was killed.

Sucheera Insuwan said she had not been contacted by Kan-anek Pachimsawas, the father of murder suspect Kanpitak, or his divorced wife, Sawinee, following the funeral of her mother, Saichol Luangsaeng.

She said she expected to meet with the family tomorrow after giving them details of the damages claim.

"If my family is happy with what they pay then everything will be finished, as I have no legal knowledge and our family has suffered enough," she said.

Sucheera thought it would be an injustice if Kanpitak escaped criminal liability for the incident. It was likely, she said, his family would seek to have him declared legally incompetent in order to gain sympathy from the court and escape the murder charge.

"I have lost my mother as a result of somebody's thoughtless act. If he escapes justice I think it would be unfair to me. I would like to call on the judges to fully exercise their judgement in the most precise way they can," she added.

Hathaithip Khrutthakhajorn, who was injured in the incident, said the lawyer for the Pachimsawas family had postponed scheduled appointments with her to settle the payment of damages several times.

"It is quite clear he did everything because of his aggressiveness. I would also like to blame his parents for letting him drive, despite knowing that he was mentally sick," she said.

In the July 4 incident, a Mercedes Benz was slammed into a crowd of people who had just been ordered to alight from a bus. This followed an accident between the bus and the car and an altercation between the two drivers.

The Pachimsawas family claimed Kanpitak, who was identified by witnesses as the Benz driver, suffered from epilepsy and that he had been treated at a mental hospital this year.

Lt-Colonel Yannawut Liamkaew of Thong Lor police station said he would next week interview a psychiatrist who had treated Kanpitak. The psychiatrist had recently returned to Thailand from an overseas trip.

More than 20 witnesses to the incident have been interviewed.

The officer said he was doing his job professionally and neutrally, and although he sympathised with both parties in the case, it was up to the court to rule on whether Kanpitak's state of mind would comply with legal conditions that exempt him from criminal liability.

Sawinee pleaded for sympathy for her family, saying Kanpitak had dropped all of his university courses as he was suffering from stress and guilt. :o

She said Kanpitak, also known as Ham, had offered to meet with those injured by his actions, but they and their relatives had turned him down.

"They might not yet be ready to meet or talk with Ham," she said.

The former beauty queen said she had also been worried about Bambi, Kanpitak's younger sister who was present during the incident, because she was likely to suffer from stress if she heard anything bad about Kanpitak and it would affect her studies. :D

Sawinee said she had constantly been in touch with the injured victims to offer help, and that her family had not tried to interfere with the police investigation.

- The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

suffered from epilepsy

In a lot of countries anyone suffering from epilepsy are automatically disqualified from getting a drivers license.

So, either it is made-up by the family to make the son worse of in the head then he is, or it was a known affliction and the son obtained a license with the knowledge that he wasn't authorised too.

Or doesn't Thailand have this rule?

They are just coming up with various excuses to avoid taking any responsibilty. I very much doubt that any of the private doctors involved in any diagnosis have not been compramised.

This family are beyond contempt. :o

They are just coming up with various excuses to avoid taking any responsibilty. I very much doubt that any of the private doctors involved in any diagnosis have not been compramised.

This family are beyond contempt. :o

Its a good insight into the mindsets of people like these elite families....

I'm not overly religious, but I do believe firmly in Judgement Day where everyone has to account for all their sins and wickedness. What justice on earth can't mete out, the other side is waiting. Let's see what your millions in the bank, your top policeman or your connections can do then, eh?

London has its Chinatown, Hanoi has the French Quarter, Singapore has Little India and New York has Little Italy. Hel_l will have its Thaitown.

You're fcuked!!

Edited by Big A

Its just so sad to think that this aspect of Thai society will never willingly change.

They talk about their national pride but they do nothing to help the man on the street. They refuse to pay full taxes, effectively eliminating all chances for the provision of some form of welfare state for the disadvantaged.

How on earth are these poor victims ever going to go after true justice? They will probably get fobbed off with a trivial amount of cash (by the driver's standards) on the condition that all legal challenges will be dropped and that will be it, because the victims are hardly likely to be in a position to refuse for them would be a large sum.

I remember the taxi driver who got killed during the BTS construction when a section crushed him at Sukhumvit 24. I think his family received 50,000 Baht in compensation.