Annoying People

Ulysses G.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have to admit, there ARE a lot of strange folk in CM....and I lived in San Francisco, CA a good part of my life- the Land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes.

Then Southern California, where there are more alien-watchers, political wackos (all spectrums), and con artists than maybe anywhere else in the world.

Chiang Mai is like a breath of fresh air (just not in March/April!), relatively speaking..... :o

McG

What kind of a weirdo do consider yourself to be? :o

One who can't stand idiots UG. . . . .

Excellent. Knowing one's shortcomings is the first step on the road to overcoming them. :D

Spoken like a true lawyer Rass. Did you learn that at law school?

Gentlemen, it is a wonder that with all the obnoxious tourists circulating in Chiang Mai that there has not been any reported cases of violence among them. Insults to a person's race or nationality can bring a person's blood to boil faster than anything I know. How sad to think that some people can't just go to a wonderful country like Thailand and be brought to peace by the experience! It disturbs me to know that these kinds of people(I'd like to say "creatures") are out there. Lets hope that if and when these troubled souls do provoke a violent response, that a sojourn in Thai prison teaches them a lesson they will never forget.

Well that flew over a lot of heads. Nice one mate :o

Yesterday, I was eating Thai food in Black Canyon and this loud-mouth tourist came in

Geez man, everywhere you eat, a "loud-mouth tourist" walks in. You attract them, don't you ?

Could you please post an exhaustive list of your favourite eateries so I can shun them.

You wanna eat at the places he considers to be poor quality?

I suppose the Imodium people have to make a living somehow :o

Yesterday, I was eating Thai food in Black Canyon and this loud-mouth tourist came in

Geez man, everywhere you eat, a "loud-mouth tourist" walks in. You attract them, don't you ?

Could you please post an exhaustive list of your favourite eateries so I can shun them.

Actually the places he considers to be high quality are poor quality to me. JJ, Black Canyon et al are made for Thai people who want to enjoy some tasteless international food, home sick tourists and expats who can't stand Lanna cuisine.

what does this have to do with any of us?

what did "I was robbed of 5 baht" have to do with us? Nothing. But it generated 50 responses read by 1400 people!!

We covered Israelis, so now let's hear all the pro/anti American rhetoric. Yawn, yawn.

If you've heard it all before - switch off now. This site has been overtaken by SOE's (Sad Old Expats) .

To the supervisors of this site ... If it's possible - delete my userid from your members list.

Any interesting forums out there?

I would say you are A typical young american, and belive me the Thais don't like you exept for your money.

Actually the places he considers to be high quality are poor quality to me. JJ, Black Canyon et al are made for Thai people who want to enjoy some tasteless international food, home sick tourists and expats who can't stand Lanna cuisine.

Where do I say that Black Canyon or JJ's are high quality Thai food? I go there because I like the frozen coffee drinks. However, I bet most Thai people - as well as Farangs - would rate their Thai food as better than Aroon Rai's in an anonomous taste test. :D

what does this have to do with any of us?

what did "I was robbed of 5 baht" have to do with us? Nothing. But it generated 50 responses read by 1400 people!!

We covered Israelis, so now let's hear all the pro/anti American rhetoric. Yawn, yawn.

If you've heard it all before - switch off now. This site has been overtaken by SOE's (Sad Old Expats) .

To the supervisors of this site ... If it's possible - delete my userid from your members list.

Any interesting forums out there?

I would say you are A typical young american, and belive me the Thais don't like you exept for your money.

and the way thats going, they might not like that much longer :o