Internet Site Of The Week

Sunbelt Asia

Congratulations to Stickman! I'm always amazed at the new content he comes up with every week!

Internet site of the week per the Bangkok Post

Tony Waltham

Providing over 1,000 free articles about Thailand (mostly in the form of reader submissions) and with an extensive illustrated travel section, Stickman's guide to Bangkok (http://www.stickmanbangkok.com) also has a frank commentary on Bangkok's nightlife and bar scene that rounds out a relevant and honest look at life in Thailand from the perspective of an expatriate English teacher.

There are also reviews of books about or based in Thailand, personality interviews and a picture gallery, while all the content here, including the extensive travel section, is original. The site also contains helpful tips about working and living in Thailand and Stickman, a New Zealander who has lived and worked in Thailand for a little over six years now, publishes a weekly column that contains engagingly-written insights, observations and tips and hence rewards frequent visitors by providing them with fresh content.

This site _ or weblog, to be precise _ is an invaluable and yet free resource for anyone interested in visiting Thailand for the first time, as well as being helpful for those already living here who want to learn more about an upcountry destination or keep abreast of the fast-changing nightlife scene.

This is one of the more popular weblogs around _ Alexa calculates it reaches 215 out of every one million Internet users daily. Stickman estimates he reaches 20,000 readers per week, according to Graham Lynch of Bandwidth magazine.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/Database/07Jul2004_datacol19.php

Yes and we are VERY proud to be one. We have approached by many websites and are selective who we sponsor. As I have already told Stickman we will be a lifetime sponsor. I know he has his critics but I for one, really enjoy his site.

Greg Lange

Managing Director

Sunbelt Asia

www.sunbeltasia.com

Fatter than harry.............youve got too much time on your hands....almost as good as the Tron site from a while back :o

The Tron site certainly was a scream, and more so the overweight, middle-aged fellow with the glasses and moustache who made his own Tron clothes - but surely none of these sites are even close to FTH's other gem find in the Forum Jokes section, Peter Pan's Homepage ??

Stickman he is NOT

Just took a look at Peter Pan. S'okay but will be better once he finds his Tinkerbell.

If he needs a hot chick slim, shapely and six inches tall he migh thave to come to Thailand. Mind yo uthe katoeys will have his ass for sure! :o:D

I read Stickman's site fairly often but to be frank mainly to horrify myself with the readers contributions.What a gruesome bunch.As for Stickman's content, I have been unable to make up my mind whether he has any real insight or not.Some of his comments are very naive but from time to time he makes quite an interesting observation, so I have not given up hope.His heart is obviously in the right place but he cannot quite work out who his readers are.Without wishing to be impolite (i'm sure she is an intelligent and charming woman) he should axe his wife's contributions.

Kudos to Sticky for drawing attention to the racist ads on Thai TV 2 weeks ago in his weekly column. In particular a racist ad featuring a black guy.

I'll be sponsoring him soon, too, but not as much as Greg :D:o