Recommendation for good private Thai language tutor in BKK

JTXR

Can someone recommend a Thai language tutor in Bangkok?

I want only verbal training, ideally conversation and drills.  I can speak a little and read a little, but comprehension (both ways) suffers because of difficulty mastering tones.

Please don't recommend courses (I've taken some) or online training, or suggest I should want something other than what's in the preceding paragraph.  I have taught language (English) and learned other languages, but Thai is proving difficult because of the tones. I know what I need, and want a tutor who can provide it (preferably female, but not adamant about that).

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:12 AM, JTXR said:

Can someone recommend a Thai language tutor in Bangkok?

I want only verbal training, ideally conversation and drills.  I can speak a little and read a little, but comprehension (both ways) suffers because of difficulty mastering tones.

Please don't recommend courses (I've taken some) or online training, or suggest I should want something other than what's in the preceding paragraph.  I have taught language (English) and learned other languages, but Thai is proving difficult because of the tones. I know what I need, and want a tutor who can provide it (preferably female, but not adamant about that).

Thanks.

Did you have any luck?

I’m interested in the same thing in Central, Bangkok

most of the language schools have private tutors available, but I don’t know how good they are. I’m guessing if I go through a language school, the school will keep at least 30% of my payment.

I can read fairly well and speak basic conversations, but my listening skills are horrible and definitely need to work on tone.

Private tutors, charging about the same as I could get through a language school, but they get to keep all the money( maybe do more because earn more?) But completely unregulated.

i’m thinking about just doing online. I don’t think there’s a need to meet 1 on 1 when I can have online chat 1 on 1

opinions/experience?