What were the OEM tyres on cb500X 2013 model?

LS24

As the Title says, I am trying to remember what the 500X was shod with from factory in 2013. I know the tyre is probably replaced. I am not looking to purchase them, I am just trying to remember them? Were they Pirelli Scorpions?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't know if makes a difference where purchased, but from this review:

"Our CB500X came with 90/10 on-road/off-road Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires"

https://ridermagazine.com/2014/01/02/2013-honda-cb500x-road-test/

Thanks for that. I appreciate it. I did a search online but didn't come up with much. But blowing up a photo, yes that is the tread pattern.

Quite different to the Scorpion II that I am looking at for my V Strom.

Edited by LS24
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, LS24 said:

Quite different to the Scorpion II that I am looking at for my V Strom.

Very good choice. I drove more than 50000km with ST2. Excellent on dry and rainy roads. Good enough for gravel but not a real offroad tyre.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Very good choice. I drove more than 50000km with ST2. Excellent on dry and rainy roads. Good enough for gravel but not a real offroad tyre.

50 000km? Hard to believe any tires lasting so long could do well so long on wet and dry surface. Even 20k you pushing it on wet surface because of hard rubber 

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

50 000km? Hard to believe any tires lasting so long could do well so long on wet and dry surface. Even 20k you pushing it on wet surface because of hard rubber 

Sorry, 50k not on one set :-).

On my crossover bikes the ST2 came to it's end after maximal 6k km. More often between 4.5 and 5k.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Sorry, 50k not on one set :-).

On my crossover bikes the ST2 came to it's end after maximal 6k km. More often between 4.5 and 5k.

I should had understood that ????

9 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Thanks for the info from your ST2.  The original Scorpions on my 500x inspired a lot of (suprisingly good) confidence. I had no issue using all the tyre in the twisties and they gave great feedback and reasonable wear. I hope the II version offers a similar feedback and grip. There is only one way to find out ????

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Last time I looked at the Pirelli site they didn't list the Scorpion Trail????

Otherwise i would have bought some.

Dunlop trailmax just as good.

There's also a failure story. 

Ridden on both the Pirelli's were on the Versys 650 bike from new, in less than 2 years they were cracking up on the side walls.

I switched to Dunlop trailmax and they were still in good condition some 4 years later when I sold it. 

10 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Last time I looked at the Pirelli site they didn't list the Scorpion Trail????

Otherwise i would have bought some.

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/catalogue/product/scorpion-trail-ii

There you go. Up there on price and the front wears reasonably well on the edges if ridden overly aggressively apparently. Centre holds well.  I'll let you know in a few months.