Uh Oh! Plant viroid that kills THC spreading like wildfire in California

More than 90% of Calif. pot farms infected with ‘severe’ pathogen

Lester Black, SFGATE

May 25, 2023Updated: May 25, 2023 10:31 a.m.

FILE: A viral pathogen is damaging cannabis plants and spreading across California's farming industry.

An infectious pathogen inside California’s pot farms is attacking cannabis plants and growing invisibly for months only to spoil a crop just as a farmer is ready to harvest. Scientists believe that it’s in nearly every pot farm in the state and could be causing billions of dollars in damages to the national weed economy.

Hop-latent viroid, or HLVd, shrivels pot plants and reduce how much weight they produce by as much as 30%. It also destroys the amount of THC, pot’s most common active compound, that a plant produces, greatly reducing the value of affected plants. 

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/cannabis-farms-infectious-pathogen-18115205.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-Editors-Picks

Why wouldn't this be spreading to Thailand?

Other than crop devastation, it seems to me lots of THC castrated bud would still be sold at very high prices.

image.png

Edited by Jingthing
  • Love It 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why wouldn't this be spreading to Thailand?

someone may bring it over. i know there have been farms who brought in clones from california and with it they brought mold that i haven't ever seen here. 

Edited by stoner
  • Thumbs Up 1