Investigation ordered into “special sticker” on overweight trucks

snoop1130

sticker1-horz.jpg

The national police chief has ordered an urgent investigation into an allegation that overloaded trucks displaying a special sticker would not be checked or have to use weighbridges.

Move Forward party list MP-elect Wiroj Lakkhanaadisorn, who revealed the problem, claims that stickers on the windscreens of overloaded trucks meant that the trucks’ operators had paid bribes, so that their trucks would not be inspected or weighed.

A truck without the sticker will be stopped at every checkpoint and weighed at every weighbridge, Wiroj said.

Caption: Photo : Wiroj Lakkhanaadisorn’s Facebook

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/investigation-ordered-into-special-sticker-on-overweight-trucks/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-05-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

I was told about a sticker which a motorcycle rider used to indicate his special connection to the police.

Since then I am aware of this kind of communication.

Just today I saw lots of taxi-no-meter parking on Sukhumvit. Somehow they all had the same sticker on the back... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Move Forward party list MP-elect Wiroj Lakkhanaadisorn, who revealed the problem, claims that stickers on the windscreens of overloaded trucks meant that the trucks’ operators had paid bribes, so that their trucks would not be inspected or weighed

A sorted sticker... fine paid in advance.

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was told about a sticker which a motorcycle rider used to indicate his special connection to the police.

Since then I am aware of this kind of communication.

Just today I saw lots of taxi-no-meter parking on Sukhumvit. Somehow they all had the same sticker on the back... 

There was an old Thai guy attended one of the Expat Clubs once selling these badges and his USP was if the police saw it, they would leave you alone. I also saw him in a small Soi PO GGB, where he seemed to be well known. 

Edited by jacko45k

Wonder how much that is pulling in over a year, the Police

always find a way to "earn" extra money , they seem to

have no qualms about what damage an overloaded truck

could cause ,never mind loss of life, you cam imagine at

scene of accident , stickers first things to be removed........

regards worgeodie 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

saw it yesterday on the way to Krabbi, truck had 2 plus metres on load sticking out the back of the tray on bent metal supports, was way too high as well, went through the weigh station without any problems

Sticker on trucks racket had been around for ages . I had a friend from chonburi 2 decades ago who had a fleet of trucks with special stickers sourced from Thai mafia . The stickers denoted that ‘fines’ were already paid to relevant authorities in advance so all they had to do is brazenly overload to make up for their investments. 

So what? When I was a Tourist Police Volunteer in Lanna and Isaan, and along with my Volunteer colleagues, Tourist Police stickers were allowed on our vehicles so that when attending festivals and other such events, we had direct access to parking areas for officials.

I must admit the stickers did give "free passage" through RTP checkpoints, often with a friendly salute.