Tragic discovery: Father finds son’s body in septic tank

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo via SiamRath

by Petch Petpailin

In a heartbreaking turn of events, a father discovered the lifeless body of his nine year old in the septic tank of a house in Nong Bua Lamphu province, in the northeastern region of Thailand. The boy’s uncle confessed to the murder, saying the boy annoyed him.

Thaworn, the grieving father, disclosed to Channel 8 that his son, Jay, had gone missing from their home on Saturday, May 27. Initially assuming that Jay was playing with friends or staying with his mother or older brother nearby, Thaworn grew increasingly concerned as his search proved fruitless the following day.

Determined to find his son, he visited his older brother, Boonhome, hoping for any information. Boonhome told his father he had not seen him, leaving Thaworn to conduct a thorough search of the area. It was during this search that Thaworn noticed the open lid of the septic tank, and his worst fears were confirmed when he discovered Jay’s lifeless body inside.

Promptly suspecting Boonhome, the 55 year old uncle, the police swiftly took him into custody for further interrogation. Eventually, Boonhome admitted to the crime, revealing that he had murdered Jay due to the boy’s incessant annoyance.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/tragic-discovery-father-finds-sons-body-in-septic-tank

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, webfact said:

he boy’s uncle confessed to the murder, saying the boy annoyed him.

What's the value of a life here ?

If everybody would react like this , there would be hardly anyone left alive ...

Everywhere peoples level of tolerance against other people seems to decrease ...

Why is that so ? Too many people ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

What's the value of a life here ?

If everybody would react like this , there would be hardly anyone left alive ...

Everywhere peoples level of tolerance against other people seems to decrease ...

Why is that so ? Too many people ?

modern life and social media. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Always surprised that suspects confess so quickly to serious crimes. How on earth do normally incompetent police achieve this remarkable feat? There was no evidence the uncle did it. Obviously, kids can be annoying but telling a nephew to go play outside usually works.

• Like 1

I would put that F**R in a septic tank, killed a 9 year old because he was annoying mental.

I used to be away from Thailand a lot as i was working 4 weeks on 4 weeks off, i was really concerned when my daughter was with relatives in the sticks told my wife to never leave our daughter with anyone, i don't care how they are related to you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

Always surprised that suspects confess so quickly to serious crimes. How on earth do normally incompetent police achieve this remarkable feat? There was no evidence the uncle did it. Obviously, kids can be annoying but telling a nephew to go play outside usually works.

Ask Ferrari Joe.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

Sentence reduced by 50% helps confessions.

• Like 1

I don't buy it. The kid annoyed him so the uncle killed the little fella and tossed the body into a septic tank? Hmm.

There's more to it I'll wager. Start with severe bad blood between dad and uncle. "Promptly suspecting Boonhome, the 55 year old uncle, the police ..." suggests the provincial police had a tip along this line.