Heartbreaking plea: Thai couple seeks urgent aid to save daughter from China nightmare

snoop1130

mom.jpg

A distressed Thai couple residing in the Isaan province of Udon Thani made an urgent appeal to the Thai authorities, pleading for financial aid of 100,000 baht to rescue their daughter from a personal nightmare in China.

The couple, identified as 52 year-old Man Duangnate and 55 year old Manee Duangnate, shared their heart-wrenching story with ThaiRath, unveiling the nightmarish circumstances their 31 year old daughter, Nongnuch Duangnate, has endured after escaping from an abusive marriage with a Chinese man who held her captive in Beijing for three years.

Nongnuch’s parents disclosed that their daughter, having divorced her first husband, relocated from Udon Thani province to Pattaya, where she found employment in a massage shop. However, in 2019, her life took a distressing turn when she was introduced to a 32 year old Chinese man named Wei Laing Jin through a mutual acquaintance. The connection between Nongnuch and Wei grew rapidly, leading them to tie the knot in August of the same year.

Soon after their marriage, Nongnuch relocated to Beijing to reside with her new husband. However, a mere two months into their marital journey, Nongnuch reached out to her parents, sharing the agonising truth that she was suffering abuse at the hands of her spouse. Determined to escape her torment, Nongnuch fled from her husband’s residence and filed a complaint with the local police.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Sanook

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/heartbreaking-plea-thai-couple-seeks-urgent-aid-to-save-daughter-from-china-nightmare

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

100,000 baht to fly from China to Thailand, something stinks in this story.

It almost sounds like the Thai authorities in China are triying to cash in on her plight.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

Something smells fish sauce-y.

Chinese police, especially immigration, aren't commonly involved in corruption.  There can be severe penalties for that there.  And Thai consulate is unlikely to send her back to Beijing, rather would help arrange repatriation.

Other articles report she left Beijing, rode an electric bicycle to Shanghai, and worked 5-6 months BEFORE contacting the Thai consulate.  Fishy.

Sounds more like she's created a story that would resonate with the folks back home.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

the boots on the other foot by the sounds of things,   if she married a farang she would have most likely taken the house, car and money by now. 

"...if she married a farang she would have most likely taken the house, car and money by now".

You know her or anything about her?   She married a foreigner and she didn't take the house, car and money, what difference does the foreigner's national make?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Other articles report she left Beijing, rode an electric bicycle to Shanghai, and worked 5-6 months BEFORE contacting the Thai consulate.  Fishy.

Sounds more like she's created a story that would resonate with the folks back home.

I was thinking the same thing...

Sob story back home.

17 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Interesting fairy tale.

Having lived in Shanghai for several years, I was intrigued by the detail that she rode an electric bicycle from Beijing to Shanghai.

I've never done that, but I do know it's about 750 miles.

Long way on a bike!

It's possible, I've ridden from Kunming to Singapore.  But recharging an electric bike along the way, finding cheap hotels would be problematic.

Why didn't she take the train?  Cheap hard seat from Beijing to Shanghai is 175 RMB (about 850 baht).  She could have gotten a standing room ticket for even less.

She had her passport with a valid visa when she left Beijing.  Why not just take a train or bus to the border with Laos, instead of spending six months in Shanghai.

• Like 1

Exactly, no passport, no ID, goes to Thai embassy, gets travel document, visa expired, so leave 5000 baht from parents can buy the ticket here in Thailand, sent by email. If visa expired, I would have believed the Chinese would have taken her to the airport,

On 6/2/2023 at 5:39 PM, brianthainess said:

100,000 baht to fly from China to Thailand, something stinks in this story.

It almost sounds like the Thai authorities in China are triying to cash in on her plight.

Or maybe the former massage girl is talking nonsense.

13 hours ago, andy said:

The article as written is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read.  Is there a version that contains the other 75% of the story that was pretty obviously not included? ????

Nah

They just left out the first few words.

Once upon a time.

• Haha 1

Considering the "Little Ghost" has to pay her way out then 100k is the common "fee"

2007 I met a "married" Phillippina in Penglai City and my mate from Denmark asked all of us at work to buy her free.

The whole story was 40.000 Yuan... (around 190.000 Baht)

"little Gosts" are also in Taiwan where I am working now and we heard about a Thai who asked around to find a room in our Apartments for natural services.

She was an overstayer and escaped a karaoke bar the News said.. 

This kind of girls can't just buy a ticket for 2500 Baht... 

10 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

A poster mentioned that in the Western county, a wife will take everything - car, house, etc. upon divorce.

No, they didn't.

They said "if she married a farang she would have most likely taken the house, car and money by now."

Nothing about being in a western country.

• Like 1