Paetongtarn Prefers To Bring Father Home From Abroad

webfact

10 hours ago, mfd101 said:

if the military are still in charge when he lands, he'll be arrested & behind bars immediately. And immediately he will become a martyr of authoritarian nincompoopery , with incalculable political consequences.

If, on the other hand, The Future is in charge by then - or more likely getting a slightly firmer grip on the steering wheel - there'll be much dithering and dillydallying and, after much time, perhaps a new court case. Meantime ...

The military have always been indirectly in charge - regardless of veritable governments. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mfd101 said:

if the military are still in charge when he lands, he'll be arrested & behind bars immediately. And immediately he will become a martyr of authoritarian nincompoopery , with incalculable political consequences.

If, on the other hand, The Future is in charge by then - or more likely getting a slightly firmer grip on the steering wheel - there'll be much dithering and dillydallying and, after much time, perhaps a new court case. Meantime ...

And I though the courts are independent from the lawmakers.

He is a convicted criminal. No political majority can change that fact.

As far as I know 8 years in prison and still on the books for him.

Lock him up! 

• Confused 1

Time for the old man to come home.

Stir things up a little bit. 

Heh. 

Amnesty for all exiled scholars, journalists, activists and assorted politicians.

Start anew.

Many years ago I made a statement on this forum that best leave him overseas in exile.

The cost to this country in possible bloodshed, uncertainty, disruption to the whole country,

is just not worth it.

Nothing has changed my mind

16 hours ago, mfd101 said:

You remember when Kamnan poh, who was convicted to 25 years for murder, was arrested by the military?

Tell me again how many days he stayed in jail, you even can mention it in hours if that is easier.

He was a right hand of Thaksin by the way.

• Like 1

taksin misplayed his hand massively, possibly due to his ego. what he should have done is quite simple and obvious;  return in the first instance, plead guilty get sentence halved, accept the punishment, once incarcerated get doctors to report his ill health and recommend he serves his sentence under home arrest, stay at home for one/two years, maybe less, after that he would be free to carry on his life in thailand.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if their is some truth to his intentions of coming back no-matter what?

He won't come back if there is any indication that he might go to jail

I would think that hands have been shaken, deals agreed and palms greased.

• Like 2