Old Photos Of Samui

If you have or know someone that has old photos of Samui/KP/Tao Please post them here for ppl to see. All Photos are welcome. For example someone must have some from the airport getting built or downtown Chaweng, or others, ask the Thai families if they can upload them. Thanks for reading this, and hopefully for getting some vintage Samui eyecandy! Mine were lost, and it would be interesting for the ppl here that hadn't seen some of these Old Eastern gems!

Edited by SamuiJens

If you have or know someone that has old photos of Samui/KP/Tao Please post them here for ppl to see. All Photos are welcome. For example someone must have some from the airport getting built or downtown Chaweng, or others, ask the Thai families if they can upload them. Thanks for reading this, and hopefully for getting some vintage Samui eyecandy! Mine were lost, and it would be interesting for the ppl here that hadn't seen some of these Old Eastern gems!

I have some photos from 1982, when I came in KS for the first time.

Here is a songtaew in Meanam :

CamionKoSamui.JPG

The ("mountain") road in BangPo :

AutorouteKoSamui.JPG

The beach in BoPhut :

PlageMatinKoSamui.JPG

A common scene at the time :

JeepEmbourbeeKoSamui.JPG

Great pics MengWan.

Couldn't agree more, PLEASE keep them coming, maybe they can be pinned!? :D :D

Highdiver, thanks, I knew about those but some private ones are really interesting. And Boater, YES it has changed! At least the scenery! :o

Here is a songtaew in Meanam :

CamionKoSamui.JPG

Good snaps, MW. That looks like the top of the village at the ring road. The dark teak bldg behind the songthaew looks like the old bits-and-bobs electrical shop that got turned into the 7-11. The worst thing to happen to the village, IMHO.