Extension of stay - retirement - 1 year

My last experience from Chaiyaphum office dated month of may 2023...

I have been living here now in 15 years time. I have been doing the exact very same extensions every year, and I have NEVER had any problem what so ever....

I always goes for extension of stay 1 year based on retirement... I always have the income-letter to present. I always complete the application using a so called "combo" which is top up to 800K baht via money in the bank.... This has always been going great without any problems.

Now for 2 weeks ago the "big boss" at this office, which is a NEW big boss, seems to have changed the rules and the police-order that should apply here.... The rule is that there is NO seasoning of money when doing this combo. This new big boss now came into the big entrence-room, and told me that I shall have; a) a 3 month statement of the money I presented together with my income-letter

b) I MUST bring my wife and she must present to them her tabien baan plus her ID-card...

c) After I was approved and I had the passport in my hand, he finally told me as a "farewell-wish" that I can only use 50% of the money in my bank-account...

I told him no no no, and said that I can do whatever I like with my money, because I have a income-letter and I am doing a combo.... I then left this office after having a <deleted>ty 3 hour long process, with 2 times down to the bank, and 1 extra time home to pick up my wife.....

So this is what to expect from this office if you are applying for extension of stay based on retirement and presenting a income-letter and using the combo.....

Edited by glegolo18
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Lucky to have the letter, don.t complain! 

Yes of course I feel lucky.. I understand that you english Aussies and americans have much bigger problems.... But still pisses me off when a employee just change the policeorder after his own head.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

Yes of course I feel lucky.. I understand that you english Aussies and americans have much bigger problems.... But still pisses me off when a employee just change the policeorder after his own head.....

Little Hitler syndrome, very common in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tom H said:

Other countries dont give you a yearly extension of stay. Just accept and be happy and dont blame immigration. They are the boss.

I live here,  It is hard when you live here, you learn the rules and laws and you learn to some extend to "bend over"...... And then when you come to immigration nothing you have learned is valid anymore.....

• Thumbs Up 1