GRAP & BOLT taxi experience

problemfarang

first of all im not sure if this is correct place to post if not please move it, thank you.

so i use grap for food sometimes. it is expensive but great when im lazy to go out and buy food. But never tried grap taxi thing. but i heard its really cheap.

so... decided to try just to see. my place and the place i want to go is 400-450 baht with taxi. I checked with grap and it was 650 baht. i was wow 250 baht. of course didnt use the service. first time and will never use it.

then checked BOLT (im not sure if writing the name correct) its another taxi service app. well it has options too like grap but there is also high demand times so the price is higher thing!! also if there is traffic jam where you are going to they immediately cancel your drive and cannot find any other drive. Totally non-sense taxi service.

well i never used taxi services and i tried.. well checked.. i will never.

you have any good or bad experience?

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

One more problem with Bolt etc is that the drivers don't know Bangkok. 

They don't have the slightest idea where they actually are and whether the way they are going makes any sense. 

Taxi drivers,  however,  usually know Bangkok quite well. 

In Bolt or Cabb you cannot import a location from Google maps or from line, you have to use their search function.

Searching for วัดใต้ in Bolt gives you about 20 locations. 

Searching for my place in Bolt gives you exactly one location, unfortunately it is 6km away from my place. 

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lorry said:

One more problem with Bolt etc is that the drivers don't know Bangkok. 

They don't have the slightest idea where they actually are and whether the way they are going makes any sense. 

Taxi drivers,  however,  usually know Bangkok quite well. 

In Bolt or Cabb you cannot import a location from Google maps or from line, you have to use their search function.

Searching for วัดใต้ in Bolt gives you about 20 locations. 

Searching for my place in Bolt gives you exactly one location, unfortunately it is 6km away from my place. 

Yes the maps are bad in both apps. If the desired location isnt there simply find a nearby business that is. Bolt allows messages to be sent to driver too. 

Indrive is awesome - much lower cost then grab by about 60%.  They call you a minimum price but you can offer anything that you want more or less.  The drivers and PHUKET are pretty good.  One caution is that lately it seems some drivers are sharing other peoples in Drive accounts so if Akash shows up and it's not the same color or the same plate number refuse it.

1 minute ago, lhtp12 said:

Indrive is awesome - much lower cost then grab by about 60%.  They call you a minimum price but you can offer anything that you want more or less.  The drivers and PHUKET are pretty good.  One caution is that lately it seems some drivers are sharing other peoples in Drive accounts so if Akash shows up and it's not the same color or the same plate number refuse it.

I compared Indriver with Bolt and Bolt was 25% cheaper.

• Like 1

Down here in Phuket BOLT works fine, recently I had some family over here we had to use it a few times for us was always on time and decent cars, One day a driver turned up a a fortuna just for me,

6 minutes ago, lhtp12 said:

My guest told me Indrive was not cheap and unreliable here in Phuket, lets say around Rawai, 

4 hours ago, bignok said:

I compared Indriver with Bolt and Bolt was 25% cheaper.

Based on this i compared a few routes I use a lot - prices were about the same but only a couple cars around with  Indrive there are many.  

23 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Bolt. Prices have gone up after the last Songkran. I could almost go anywhere from Jomtien to Pattaya for $80 baht which has gone up to 120-140 baht. And also wait time has increased. 

I think there are fewer drivers, as people are learning that 80 baht or less is not enough to cover the overall costs and have anything left over. 120-140 is still a good price I think.

1 hour ago, Paradise Pete said:

think there are fewer drivers, as people are learning that 80 baht or less is not enough to cover the overall costs and have anything left over. 120-140 is still a good price I think.

Yes I do agree. Now instead of 6K per month that I used to pay in Pattaya for my transportation, I have to spend may be 10K. But it's still very cheap compared to buying a car at (@ 6-7%), its maintenance, and insurance. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Yes I do agree. Now instead of 6K per month that I used to pay in Pattaya for my transportation, I have to spend may be 10K. But it's still very cheap compared to buying a car at (@ 6-7%), its maintenance, and insurance. 

I owned a car for 10 years and it was close to indispensable. Then covid happened and I sold it (and more) to go back home and look after my elderly mother. Then when I finally returned Bolt had happened and the economics of buying another car just aren't there for me.

• Like 1

In Chiangmai I use both without problems.

BOLT is cheaper and I prefer Bolt map.

with both  you can chat with the driver that come to get you.

PS

I used Grab in the Philippines too and great service .