Radar detectors; Do they work? V-7 V-9 @ around 250 baht (lazada)

notrub

Up here in rice land the authorities are installing these overhead cameras and speed detectors.  I know that the speed gun, or whatever, cannot be detected due to its on/off again operation.  But do the big overhead installations run full time?  Also, how far away do they start detecting?  I am just driving on the open highway, not in heavy traffic areas, btw.  Thanks for any comments????

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

valid question, stupid reply

not helpful at all

it's not a stupid reply .... it was my first thought also,  ....    speeding kills,   there's a reason for speed limits so if one adheres to those limits they don't need a detector. 

• Like 1

Just now, steven100 said:

it's not a stupid reply .... it was my first thought also,  ....    speeding kills,   there's a reason for speed limits so if one adheres to those limits they don't need a detector. 

you never speed? not even 10kmh over the limit? i got 500bht fine for doing 10km over the limit hence my buying one

13 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

you never speed? not even 10kmh over the limit? i got 500bht fine for doing 10km over the limit hence my buying one

The fine is always 500 baht, so when driving I either drive according to the speed limit or 150km/h, driving 10km/h over makes no sense.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some stretches of road that are deliberately set to a too low limit, with active cameras. One is the toll road out of Bangkok to Pattaya. 

And there are stretches of road with terrible drivers  (for example to Kanchanaburi)where you want to be doing a different speed (in bursts)to other traffic, to remain safe. But that really depends on if built up area, junctions etc. It's all about risk management of driver and other road users/pedestrians/motorbikes. 

Radarbot, free version, works fine with car audio.... and picks up everything

Red light camera's, police check points, speed traps...

I always drive below the limit as shown at or on the roads, but there are parts, miles long where I drive,

where there is  no information on max speed and I don't want to driving 70 where not needed...

Check yourself, 100-120 painted on the road and suddenly a sign 90.

According the missus that is because RTP 'forgot to take down the signs'

Yeah..... tell that in court

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...