Super Rich Exchange in Chiang Mai

ChrisKC

I tried my Super Rich in Lampang - don't have any MYR currency (Ringgits)

I expect to arrive in Chiang Mai on Friday 23rd at about 2.30pm for a flight out to Kuala Lumpur departing 5pm (I am already checked in for that) and would prefer to take some Ringgits as I am arriving late in KL.

There are a couple of Super Rich Bureaux in Chiang Mai and the one most convenient to the Arcade bus station seems to be in Loi Kroh but when the visiting the Google street map I cannot find it as supposed to be there. Does it still exist and if not, any recommendations?

Alternatively, is there a reasonable exchange counter at the airport?

I am away for only three days so my need for Ringgits is not substantial, probably less than MYR 500, so even if commission and bad exchange rate high not much impact on the transaction.

Thank you for help.

If you go to the end of Loi Kroh Road, just before the iron bridge over the Ping River, there is a Super Rich exchange about 20 metres after turning left on Charoen Prachet Road. Failing that, there is a Sakol money exchange just about directly opposite, which seems IME to be much busier. Similar rates and spreads. IIRC, they don't charge commission.

I have bought and sold AUD, Euros and Swiss francs at Sakol, can't imagine ringgits would be a problem.

• Like 1

Not sure the Super Rich branch mentioned is still there but option across the road certainly is and offers decent rates but as stated plenty of exchange options on arrival KL. Came through KLIA 2 yesterday and must have passed 3 on the way to the train station.

• Like 1