Double bereavement: Car collision kills woman days after mother’s funeral

snoop1130

รถชน-4.jpg

A tragic car accident claimed the life of a 65 year old Thai woman, Sakorn, amid the grieving period for her mother’s funeral. The incident has reportedly piled sorrow on the family who were just recovering from their recent loss.

The accident occurred at around 8am today, on the road connecting Nakhon Si Thammarat and Pak Phanang. The investigating officers from Nakhon Si Thammarat Police Station were notified of a collision between a car and a motorbike, resulting in a fatality. The scene of the accident was observed near the junction between Pak Nakhon and Tha Ruea, leading into the city centre, Sanook reported.

At the scene, a white sedan was found parked by the side of the road. Its right-side front was crushed, the windshield marked with the impact of a person’s head. A short distance away, a damaged blue motorbike was observed on the road, and 20 metres from there was Sakorn’s brutally injured body, with severe head wounds.

The driver of the car, a health worker from the Nakhon Si Thammarat Maharaj Hospital, had minor injuries and was immediately taken for medical care. Amidst the chaotic scene, the deceased’s relatives were seen profoundly grieving. They had just organised the funeral of Sakorn’s 95 year old mother, known as Aian, yesterday. The double death has struck the family hard, especially since they had just performed the ashes collection ritual of the late mother.

By Samantha Rose

Caption: Picture courtesy of Sanook

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/tragic-double-bereavement-strikes-family-car-collision-kill-woman-days-after-mothers-funeral

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

Sad story until you read the facts. Just bad biking to me

Investigating officers found out that Sakorn drove out of the Soi Ban Khantong and turned right across the four-lane road to the opposite side. This section, known for vehicles moving at high speed, saw the incoming car unable to brake in time and collided heavily with her, thus causing her instantaneous death.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Investigating officers found out that Sakorn drove out of the Soi Ban Khantong and turned right across the four-lane road to the opposite side. This section, known for vehicles moving at high speed, saw the incoming car unable to brake in time and collided heavily with her, thus causing her instantaneous death.

+ the fact I would presume no helmet, I never see the older generation wear helmets, even some younger Thais wear them sometimes. :whistling:

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Similar to when my sister-in-law killed an elderly woman motorcyclist, who came out of a side road to cross a four-lane road, She only looked one way, which CCTV confirmed, and paid with her life. The stupidity of some people here is off the charts.