Where to get Amitryptyline GPO

CanNot

26 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Go to a doctor and get a prescription. As always.

There are no prescriptions in thailand.  There are some controlled drugs which can only be bought at hospitals, which means seeing a doctor.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

i use em for sleeping .uk supplies

Interesting that they work for you for sleeping, I assume you just take them as needed? The first couple of weeks they really nocked me out but now I don't get this effect anymore.

7 hours ago, rwill said:

There are no prescriptions in thailand.  There are some controlled drugs which can only be bought at hospitals, which means seeing a doctor.  

BS. !! Of Course there are prescriptions. If you see a doctor in hospital he gave you the bill including the receipt for the pharmacy. AFTER you paid the bill you hand the docket to the pharmacy and will get your medication!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

BS. !! Of Course there are prescriptions. If you see a doctor in hospital he gave you the bill including the receipt for the pharmacy. AFTER you paid the bill you hand the docket to the pharmacy and will get your medication!

That's not a prescription.  It's a receipt.  You don't have to buy the medication from the hospital if you don't want to.  They might write down what you should get on a piece of paper.  But that's not a prescription either.  You can go to any pharmacy outside of a hospital and just tell them what you need, no slip from a doctor is needed.

The Bangkok hospital I go to in Ratchaburi doesn't even list the medications with prices like the law supposedly requires.  Just one line:   Medication   XXXX baht.

Edited by rwill
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tricyclic antidepressenats like amitryptiline and nortriptyline  are not controlled drugs in Thailand. Can be sold over the counter.

However as seldom used, they can be hard to find.

Medisafe as already suggested may be best option.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, CanNot said:

Interesting that they work for you for sleeping, I assume you just take them as needed? The first couple of weeks they really nocked me out but now I don't get this effect anymore.

yes doc supplied em for sleeping probs ,but its occasional ,some weeks i dont take  em at all

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/26/2023 at 3:53 PM, rwill said:

That's not a prescription.  It's a receipt.  You don't have to buy the medication from the hospital if you don't want to.  They might write down what you should get on a piece of paper. 

I don't want to argue with you. However, when I go to a hospital and see a doctor, he send the bill to the reception. With this bill I go to the cashier. After having paid I hand this paid bill including the medicines written on this docket/prescription to the pharmacy and get my medication.

MANY medicines are only available in hospitals. 

So why to go to a pharmacy outside when I can't get my medicine there?

That makes no sense at all.

But you read SHERYL's post. She said it all concerning this case with Amitriptyline.