How To Renew Retirement Visa While In Usa

I'm an American (with a retirement visa) living in Thailand 8 months a year. Currently I am in the USA and my first O-A visa expires July 26th but I won't be returning to Thailand until Sept. 12.

Does anyone know what options are available for renewal ??

I'm an American (with a retirement visa) living in Thailand 8 months a year. Currently I am in the USA and my first O-A visa expires July 26th but I won't be returning to Thailand until Sept. 12.

Does anyone know what options are available for renewal ??

Which area do you live in???

Found myself in exactly in the same spot you are in last year but I was in Australia. I obtained a tourist visa from the Sydney Consulate and switched in to a non-imm-O when I got home to Chiang Mai, six days after entering Thailand. Then extended it based on retirement about 25 days from expiration date.

Many have posted that you can do it on an entry permit obtained upon arrival at the airport in Thailand and switch it to a non-imm-O right away, which is then extended for retirement before it expires. They will give you 365 days from the day of your entry into Thailand on the first extension, then 365 days from the extension date the second time.

1900 Baht for the change of status to non-imm-O and another 1900 Baht for the extension.

Edited by ProThaiExpat