Baseball-Sized Hail Smashing into Panels At 150 MPH Destroys Scottsbluff Solar Farm

Make them hail-proof and nature will develop better hail :whistling:

Baseball-sized hail took out a 5.2-megawatt solar farm in Scottsbluff, Nebraska, on Friday, as part of a giant supercell thunderhead that moved across eastern Wyoming and into Nebraska.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/06/27/baseball-sized-hail-smashing-into-panels-at-150-mph-destroys-scottsbluff-solar-farm/

Baseball-sized hail hit this Scottsbluff solar farm Monday at 100 to 150 mph.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Make them hail-proof and nature will develop better hail :whistling:

Baseball-sized hail took out a 5.2-megawatt solar farm in Scottsbluff, Nebraska, on Friday, as part of a giant supercell thunderhead that moved across eastern Wyoming and into Nebraska.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/06/27/baseball-sized-hail-smashing-into-panels-at-150-mph-destroys-scottsbluff-solar-farm/

Baseball-sized hail hit this Scottsbluff solar farm Monday at 100 to 150 mph.

I think baseball size hail will destroy everything!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 2:16 AM, dingdongrb said:

It sure wreaked havoc on those attending a concert recently at Red Rocks Amphitheater just outside of Denver.

Was there the following weekend... we had a little storm pass through and they weren't taking any chances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

Was there the following weekend... we had a little storm pass through and they weren't taking any chances.

Nice!!!  Who did you see? Perhaps some of my CO friends attended the same concert. Everyone seems to be posting everything on Facebook these days.

Honestly, my last Red Rocks concert was sometime in the mid to late 80s. If the one I have shown wasn't my last one there it was somewhere around that same timeframe.

Back in those days it was all general seating except for like the first 10 rows or so. You could enter the amphitheater around noon or so and make a full day of it. We used to take a picnic and go around 2-3pm. Sit back relax, listen to the music they played on the sound system until the actual band(s) played which started around 7-8pm....  While making a day of it we would eat, drink, play backgammon or cards, and just have a great time taking in the view. Back then they allowed you to take in a cooler as well as alcohol.....only no cans or bottles.

Ahhhhhhh those Colorado concert memories!

image.thumb.jpeg.67c472968c5f889c45c76c9b7e4ac9d2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 6:53 PM, Stocky said:

Possibly not the best location, at least not without additional measures. Maybe they should design it so the panels can rotate 180 degrees if necessary to present a less vulnerable rear.

A hail stone traveling at 150 mph couldn't give a toss about going through from the front or from the back. Best defence is to use my new, almost patented force field which can form a shield over each panel or the larger size which can be used to protect up to ten panels.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1