On Retirement Visa, can I also use Travel Insuarance while in Thailand

So my health insurance policy isn't great, I am in the UK at the moment and looking at the cover and price of Travel Insurance and it is very good value for the cover.

Would I be eligable for travel insuarance even though I am on a Retirement Visa and not lived in the uk for many years?

Check the small print of the policy. You may find that for one you need to be resident in the UK, the other is most if not all travel insurances are for a limited period only. Mine was for a maximum of 6 months at the time. But most policies are far less. Once you reach 65 they cover you for 30 days, if lucky for 60. So, not much use for longer stays.

Again, read the policies very carefully, like most the devil is in the detail.

15 hours ago, philthebook said:

So my health insurance policy isn't great, I am in the UK at the moment and looking at the cover and price of Travel Insurance and it is very good value for the cover.

Would I be eligable for travel insuarance even though I am on a Retirement Visa and not lived in the uk for many years?

Almost certainly not and reason is right there in the description, Travel Insurance. These policies cover periods of varying lengths of travel which commence and end in the UK. You would not qualify. 

• Thumbs Up 1