Drunken Police Officer Shoots Wife Dead After Argument in Chanthaburi

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo: 77kaoded

CHANTABURI - In a shocking incident, an inebriated police officer named Wuttichai Thongmak shot and killed his wife, Amphaiphann Khongkrachang, following a domestic dispute in their home in Bang Ka Ja, Mueang District, Chanthaburi Province. Authorities found Amphaiphann, an immigration officer in Rayong Province, lying lifeless in a pool of blood with a gunshot wound to her forehead.

The police were alerted by a neighbour who had heard the gunshot. Wuttichai, known for his past troubles with gun usage, confessed to the killing over the phone, stating that he was annoyed by his wife's excessive talking, reported 77kaoded.

Senior Police Major Yodchai Jampathong, the deputy commander of Chanthaburi Provincial Police, ordered an exhaustive investigation and requested that non-involved individuals refrain from entering the crime scene.

#news

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-07-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The police were alerted by a neighbour who had heard the gunshot. Wuttichai, known for his past troubles with gun usage, confessed to the killing over the phone, stating that he was annoyed by his wife's excessive talking

One problem solved another one raised.. 

The police should be required to turn in their gun when their shift ends, and sign it out when starting their shift. I know that they may have another gun, but this could help save more lives from drunk policemen. There have been way too many shootings like this happening lately. 
Do I expect them to do this? No, but they need to do something. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

stating that he was annoyed by his wife's excessive talking

Let that be a lesson to all mouthy wives ???? Only joking,the level of absurdity to the reason for some crimes in this country border on the insane.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

So,  either

1. did not check his gun in and went home and shot the wife with a police gun.

2. Had an illegal fire-arm not registered.

3. So much for legally registered guns !

If I remember rightly the police have to purchase their own firearm (pistol) so not illegal, I think that they have to pay for their own uniform as well, I'm sure other members will know better than me.