Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery- Your Experience in CM?

jeffandgop

I am considering having carpal tunnel release surgery. If you have any experiences having had this surgery performed in CM, I'd appreciate any comments on how satisfied with the surgery then and any latent issues; hospital recommendation- or not; costs; etc.

I suffered from carpal tunnel in the past, it was so serious I couldn't type anymore, couldn't play guitar, couldn't even carry a grocery shopping bag. I was ridiculously painful. I thought my career as a programmer was over, it was really depressing. I ended up visiting a renowned Chinese osteopath twice a week who, over a period of a couple months, would manipulate my fingers, and they gradually but significantly improved. Later I kinda caught on to what he was doing and began to use the same techniques on myself, and coupled it with a daily vitamin B6 supplement. I also became conscious of my bad posture and how I positioned my hands poorly while working. After about 6 months I was back to normal, and now 25 years later have not had it return - at all - although arthritis is my current issue. BTW, the osteopath was practicing in a suburb of Taipei, near where I was living at the time.

My point is, I can't recommend a surgeon, but I hope you can try to find alternate treatments before doing anything drastic like surgery. Best of luck!

Has it done years ago in the Ram under Professor Sudhee.  At the time it was waking me up every night with pains in my right hand.  It took 20 minutes during which Professor Sudhee (long retired) said it was easy to see which one, he said he moved a couple of veins out of the way and one blew up like a balloon from being flat.  No problems since.