So Much Rain In Phuket?

annetta

My dear residents,

could you please update me with the current weather in Phuket? All the forecast until the first week of August are just horrible and some speak about a tropical storm!

I'm supposed to arrive on 11th August, wait for your fresh news!

Ciao

Annetta :o

I'm coming this month I hope more raining. I can swim no problem

I love the rainy season, to sit outside (undercover before you post) with a Singa beer. good company, the rain and the noise, unbelivable!!!!!!!!!! :o

The best part of the rain is that it helps prevent drought and replenishes the natural water table. I'd rather rain than be caught gasping for air (chiang mai fever) or worry about brush fires. Besides the puddles let kids splash about and drive their parents crazy :o

My dear residents,

could you please update me with the current weather in Phuket? All the forecast until the first week of August are just horrible and some speak about a tropical storm!

Ciao

Annetta :D

Should stop raining sometime around the end of November.....maybe that's why it's called the monsoon season :D I'll have a word to see if I can change it for your arrival in August, but just in case it doesn't work, I'd bring an umbrella :o

My dear residents,

Ciao

Annetta :D

Should stop raining sometime around the end of November.....maybe that's why it's called the monsoon season :D I'll have a word to see if I can change it for your arrival in August, but just in case it doesn't work, I'd bring an umbrella :o

I love the rainy season, to sit outside (undercover before you post) with a Singa beer. good company, the rain and the noise, unbelivable!!!!!!!!!! :o

I'm with you one this one too Kimera....nothing like it. The smell, the sound, everything....

Should stop raining sometime around the end of November.....maybe that's why it's called the monsoon season

Hmmm....everyday in Phuket is "monsoon" season.

Monsoon refers to wind direction, not rain.

The north-east monsoon from November to April brings dry, fine weather. The south-west monsoon from May to October brings rain.

Edited by Sir Burr

Should stop raining sometime around the end of November.....maybe that's why it's called the monsoon season

The north-east monsoon from November to April brings dry, fine weather. The south-west monsoon from May to October brings rain.

I have to thank this thread. I was going to stay in katu when i arrive in phuket enf this month, totally forgot that i have to drive my motorbike up and down the hill between katu/patong in rainy days. Seems i should find somewhere in patong then

I have to thank this thread. I was going to stay in katu when i arrive in phuket enf this month, totally forgot that i have to drive my motorbike up and down the hill between katu/patong in rainy days. Seems i should find somewhere in patong then

You should be ok drive with care and watch your mirrors, my experience is that you can see the storm, and yes you can stay in Patong, I like Patong :o