Is 90 Day Report Date Reset by 60 Day Extension

I  posted a couple of months ago that my local immigration office did not appear to be willing to grant to my wife and I a 60 day Non O extension. We went in last week to the same office to ask for the extensions for me and my Thai born wife. Things could not have gone better. They asked for our passports, our orginal visa approval letters, 1 photo for each of us, my wife's Thai ID, our marriage license, and my wife's Blue Book. One officer started working on my extension and another on my wife's. In about 10-15 minutes we had to sign all the paperwork they created. We received my 60 day stamp and my wife got a 1 year extension, paid our 1900 baht each and left with a smile. My question now is: Does the date we were granted the 60 day extension start a new 90 day reporting period, or do we count from the original arrival date? I know this is a little long, but I wanted to correct my original post which may not have shown the local immigration office in a favorable light. They could not have been more professional and friendly.

Unless you also filed a TM47 while doing the extension of stay (several offices do this) the original entry is still your 90 day mark.

Also important for those of Thai nationality to know if they enter on foreign passport they can easily obtain one year extensions of stay as people often ask about that.

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Unless you also filed a TM47 while doing the extension of stay (several offices do this) the original entry is still your 90 day mark.

Also important for those of Thai nationality to know if they enter on foreign passport they can easily obtain one year extensions of stay as people often ask about that.

Thanks for the reply. I signed so many forms when doing the extension that I don't know about the TM47. I will download the forms and we will stop by immigration next week to make sure.