Step counter apps

poppysdad

Tried to put this under computers but wouldn’t let me enter it there.

It’s just simple curiosity but I like to know how many steps, how far I’ve walked etc rather than seriously keeping fit. I have tried other apps but currently have 2 on my iPhone and at the end of the day there is anything up to 800 steps taken of difference between the 2 which really is ridiculous.
So which one is the accurate one would you think , one being Google fit and the other Pedometerapp. How can one test the accuracy of either of them or indeed any other's?

21 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Tried to put this under computers but wouldn’t let me enter it there.

It’s just simple curiosity but I like to know how many steps, how far I’ve walked etc rather than seriously keeping fit. I have tried other apps but currently have 2 on my iPhone and at the end of the day there is anything up to 800 steps taken of difference between the 2 which really is ridiculous.
So which one is the accurate one would you think , one being Google fit and the other Pedometerapp. How can one test the accuracy of either of them or indeed any other's?

Does your phone not have Apple's 'health' app pre-installed?

This has a step counter on it.

Thanks Bert but gave up with the Apple one some time ago although still on my iPhone. But just checked on steps taken so far today including Apple and now have 3 completely different readouts of 620, 898 and apple at 828.  
My question was though how can we find out which is the more accurate one. 

Get a tracker wrist band. Fitbit and Mi are the two big brands here. Right now Mi has a sale on and their "watch" is under 1500 baht. Steps, heart rate, sleep and more are displayed.  The phone apps are not nearly as accurate. 

• Like 1