Assembly Lub

carlyai

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

I want to press a steel Rivnut into an Al frame.

Seems Assembly Lub is used to keep the discimilar metals from contact.

Can any grease be used (especially that white grease as I have some).

I rather suspect that no lubricant will actually work as the metal nut has ribs designed to bite into the drilled hole.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe my fault???? Now you have the tool buy some aluminum ones if worried. You could also spray the steel ones with any leftover paint. An aerosol can is about 69 baht.

Aluminum – unalloyed steel

We often use screws, nuts, bolts from ordinary steel in aluminum constructions, and fasten aluminum sheets with them. We expose such structures to climate and weather. But experience shows that such compounds are subject to a minor process of destruction of the crystalline structure of the material. Slight rust may occur, and small stains may form on the aluminum surface. Such corrosion does not affect the structure but only spoils the surface, and how we perceive it visually.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Maybe my fault???? Now you have the tool buy some aluminum ones if worried. You could also spray the steel ones with any leftover paint. An aerosol can is about 69 baht.

I bought both types of rivnuts, (come from China) it's just using the white grease I'm not sure of. 

Seems steel is used as is stronger in my situation.