Advice urgently needed

Nup Nup

Being 'legally; married would no doubt assist in getting a visa (and eventual residency in America). However, once in America, immigration laws recognise de-facto relationships, including same sex (unlike Thailand).

So yes, it would be best to go to one of the recommended agencies to work out the best options for your partner. Once in the US, it will be pretty easy to find a pathway for your partner to stay.

I would recommend, while still in Thailand, collecting as much proof as posible to demonstrate you have lived together for so long. This might include joint bank accounts, household books, joint travel etc. Even if in Thai, you can get it legalised and translated. It will be much easier to do this while still in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I also recommend StarVisa, they did my wife's immigration application for a green card, my step-daughter's visa and several friends, all were for the USA.  No problems, all went through on the first try. 

starVisa been in business about 30 year here, others might be cheaper but I doubt if they are as good at it.  By the way, StarVisa has their office, you need to go to the StarVias office 2 which is the location that deals with what you need as well as being the location that owner works from.  Her name is Duan (spelling may be wrong).  If you like you may tell her Bob and Jane sent you there.  Star Visa Service - Home 

Edited by BarnicaleBob
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Being 'legally; married would no doubt assist in getting a visa (and eventual residency in America). However, once in America, immigration laws recognise de-facto relationships, including same sex (unlike Thailand).

So yes, it would be best to go to one of the recommended agencies to work out the best options for your partner. Once in the US, it will be pretty easy to find a pathway for your partner to stay.

I would recommend, while still in Thailand, collecting as much proof as posible to demonstrate you have lived together for so long. This might include joint bank accounts, household books, joint travel etc. Even if in Thai, you can get it legalised and translated. It will be much easier to do this while still in Thailand.

It was my understanding from a friend in the US who went thru this, that to apply for residency, etc, US immigration requires one to return to their home country and go thru the process from there,

Does anyone know if this is correct?