Democrats In Talks With Thaksin But Not Part Of Coalition Yet

webfact

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Instead of personally going to Hong Kong to meet Thaksin, Chalermchai sent Mr. Det-It Khawthong, an MP for Songkhla

Sri-on knew the talks were dead in the water already....

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I can envision that this whole charade of an election and the criminal fallout of a soft coup was planned this way. 

Enter: the Sinawatra clan. 

Sleight-of-hand.

Huh?

Multiple coups over nearly two decades and now…., a coup to install Thaksin?

????

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Democrat Party Secretary-General Chalermchai Sri-on was asked to fly to Hong Kong to hold talks with the party’s de facto leader Thaksin Shinawatra

If this can be proven the way it was written, then I guess PTP will be disbanded.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

However it was reported that negotiations failed because this group commands 16 Democrat MPs not all 25 because former party leaders Chuan Leekpai and Aphisit Vejjajiva do not support joining the coalition government Pheu Thai is forming.

Since when can losers of an election make demands about which portfolios they should get?

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

I guess PT is trying to get the numbers Without including PP

I think the coalition will give Pita another chance if the court rules in his favor and all 8 coalition parties agree. It will still be an uphill battle to reach positive consensus from both houses. This will show unity among the coalition parties and support for Pita and will help pacify the supporters who feel betrayed.

48 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think the coalition will give Pita another chance if the court rules in his favor and all 8 coalition parties agree. It will still be an uphill battle to reach positive consensus from both houses. This will show unity among the coalition parties and support for Pita and will help pacify the supporters who feel betrayed.

I agree, just hope that Pita and his followers stick with it and never back down. They got the major vote, formed a legitimate coalition that should be ratified without all the nonsense being played out by the corrupt idiots only interested in themselves. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.png

AS PHEU Thai Party continues to forge a coalition government,  Democrat Party Secretary-General Chalermchai Sri-on was asked to fly to Hong Kong to hold talks with the party’s de facto leader Thaksin Shinawatra but he sent a representative with no conclusion reached yet, Manager Online and Naewna newspaper said yesterday (July 28).

Instead of personally going to Hong Kong to meet Thaksin, Chalermchai sent Mr. Det-It Khawthong, an MP for Songkhla and acting head of the party in the South, to do so.

However it was reported that negotiations failed because this group commands 16 Democrat MPs not all 25 because former party leaders Chuan Leekpai and Aphisit Vejjajiva do not support joining the coalition government Pheu Thai is forming.

by TNR Staff

Democrat MP  Det-It Khawthong, left, and de facto Pheu Thai boss/former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, right. Photo: Matichon

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/07/28/democrats-in-talks-with-thaksin-but-not-part-of-coalition-yet/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-07-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Seems like more garbage from Thai amateur media. Can't find any reference to any meetings on Naewna or Manager online. Maybe it's in the online gambling section or kiddie games section. They seem to operate alongside the "news".

39 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Seems like more garbage from Thai amateur media. Can't find any reference to any meetings on Naewna or Manager online. Maybe it's in the online gambling section or kiddie games section. They seem to operate alongside the "news".

2 hours ago my wife said that Thaksin won't be returning after all. I asked where she had read that; TikTok. She was quite adament that that is the holy grail of news for the Thai media outlets.

Edited by rbkk
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, webfact said:

AS PHEU Thai Party continues to forge a coalition government,  Democrat Party Secretary-General Chalermchai Sri-on was asked to fly to Hong Kong to hold talks with the party’s de facto leader Thaksin Shinawatra but he sent a representative with no conclusion reached yet, Manager Online and Naewna newspaper said yesterday (July 28).

Hong Kong (Beijing) approved meeting.

Thanatorn's alleged trip to HK to deal aside, it strikes me that MFP would be well-advised to just stay as far removed from any association with this grotesque power-hustle as possible. 

Right now their perceived integrity is - imo - their highest-value asset, in the bank and earning interest as long as they avoid being tempted to make bad choices for the sake of guarantee-free promises & negotiations made by other parties in very questionably good faìth.

Let The Jurassic Ones rule again for a while longer in their old domain, until they sink into the tar-pits of Thai history. 

(Pleased to read today that some formerly prominent red shirt players are very much against Thaksin doing deals with the likes of Prayuths's & Prawit's parties. Though, so what? Thaksin's too giddily intoxicated in his own mind by his own apparent influence & power to call the shots, at least one shot is gonna badly misfire down the line, right into his foot. As it should.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Purdey said:

Why hasn't Thaksin been arrested n Hong Kong? Perhaps no one takes Thai jurisprudence seriously? 

Who is going to arrest him and on what authority? 

On 7/29/2023 at 10:03 AM, BenStark said:

If this can be proven the way it was written, then I guess PTP will be disbanded.

Since when can losers of an election make demands about which portfolios they should get?

Since the invention of politics. When there is no straight majority (which is what happened here, in case you missed that part), parties form coalitions. Members of a coalition do not do it for sport, but in order to get some reward which is often in the form of a ministery. This is true everywhere in the world.

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

Since the invention of politics. When there is no straight majority (which is what happened here, in case you missed that part), parties form coalitions. Members of a coalition do not do it for sport, but in order to get some reward which is often in the form of a ministery. This is true everywhere in the world.

First past the post is a very common method.

Stacking the odds with 250 bought and paid for senators is not.

3 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

He’s supposedly on interpol’s red list ????

yet he’s welcomed by the numerous countries he’s been to

Apparently no one take the junta seriously 

Supposedly - why don't you search to make sure? 

11 hours ago, Artisi said:

Supposedly - why don't you search to make sure? 

He’s a wanted man by the illegitimate junta government 

The junta had sought extradition all these years, they’ve been rejected or ignored. 
so I can conclude no one takes them seriously ????