Solar power

sappersrest

Find a few companies to compare price.

Solarsolutions installed mine and did a good job.

Used previously by some people i know here in hua hin and recommended, before i decided

They are based in hua hin but I understand they install all over the country.

Thailand solar power easily justified when the average monthly sunhours over the year (ie., Bangkok ) is about 200 hours.

But where is solar water heating? Common along the Mediterranean, south Aegean coastlines and parts of US, Middle East and Europe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

INDESTRUCTABLE FLEXIBLE SOLAR PANELS ...

Perfected 'old tech', now 'new tech', and yes, pricey.   But applications where you wouldn't, shouldn't, couldn't put panels before.

Except for cost, no reason, (hailstorms, no problem) for anyone not to have solar:

Stuck in this thread, as it's run it's course, as this with die shortly also.  Silly to start a new threads. (mods UP2U)

Edited by KhunLA

On 8/31/2023 at 7:40 PM, sappersrest said:

Ok 5kw grid tie system with 11 panels installed  did not go with batteries,working well at the moment.

I used Autohome to do the installation very good job  done

https://www.facebook.com/Autohomesolar/

Did you already have smart meter, or did company inform authority , then they put smart meter. Or still on spinning disc meter?

What are you getting for feed in. Think that the buy rate is about 5 baht per kWh yeah? I'm guessing they give 1 bht? 

Also have you considered adding a couple cheap car batteries with a car bat charger hooked up at a power point. Just so you can hook up a small inverter to run a fan and lights incase of blackout. Obviously only charge bats while sun is out and using free power. So a timer as well 

Edited by TimeMachine

31 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Sounds (and looks..) to be too good to be real.  But...  Is this available in Thailand?

If referring to the CIGS solar panels, they are on Amazon, and may ship to TH.

If putting on house, not sure you'd need them in TH, unless far N and chance of hail, or portion of roof gets shade.   Any other application, curved, RV, boat or van, then yea, way too cool to use.

On 10/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, TimeMachine said:

Did you already have smart meter, or did company inform authority , then they put smart meter. Or still on spinning disc meter?

What are you getting for feed in. Think that the buy rate is about 5 baht per kWh yeah? I'm guessing they give 1 bht? 

Also have you considered adding a couple cheap car batteries with a car bat charger hooked up at a power point. Just so you can hook up a small inverter to run a fan and lights incase of blackout. Obviously only charge bats while sun is out and using free power. So a timer as well 

No smart meter they are not availale yet in Chiang Mai.

Not bothered with feed in yet

We have plenty of recarchable lights that come on automatic if the power goes down

A power supply for the router

Next purchase is a solar  fan with rechargabl batteries.

So have most bases covered

8 hours ago, sappersrest said:

No smart meter they are not availale yet in Chiang Mai.

Not bothered with feed in yet

We have plenty of recarchable lights that come on automatic if the power goes down

A power supply for the router

Next purchase is a solar  fan with rechargabl batteries.

So have most bases covered

If you are grid tied and have the old spinning meter it will spin backwards when feeding in. So you are getting 1 for 1 . Good stuff !