Sounds like something bad's happened here on KP

Since around 8am I've heard at least 10 ambulances with sirens blaring and it's still going on. Obviously some are return journeys, but it looks like full moon party weekend has claimed more victims. There goes another ambulance!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, steven100 said:

full moon party full of deadly drugs probably.....   nothing new ....  :coffee1:   

You mean like alcohol?

I went to the some of the first moon parties re 1992, great time only 100 people there! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, delgarcon said:

Since around 8am I've heard at least 10 ambulances with sirens blaring and it's still going on. Obviously some are return journeys, but it looks like full moon party weekend has claimed more victims. There goes another ambulance!

turn on channel 5

• My gf met one of the doctors from the local hospital about an hour ago and she told her that there were 20 people (mostly Burmese construction workers) in the pickup and sadly 3 of them died. Everyday, probably throughout Thailand, we see overloaded pickups and motorbikes going about their business and everyday someone dies and will continue to die until someone says, 'you can't do that' and enforces it.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Dlgarco;

Every year there are laws and waning about overloading and passengers travelling in the back of pick=ups.  Not going top change until RTP get to work and fine the drivers.  Therefore it will never stop.

Can't cure stupidity of the Thais/Burmese riding the pick-up

• Like 1

"Can't cure stupidity of the Thais/Burmese riding the pick-up"

They're young blokes Robin. I remember some of the stupid things that I did when I was young, I was banned from driving 3 times, which may have saved my life. These kids aren't going to question the safety of all piling into the pickup, it's the job of those responsible for the transport to keep them safe.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Just to update those of you still interested, it seems that there were 7 fatalities, including the reckless driver, who, being Burmese, probably had neither driving license nor insurance. The brand new pickup is owned by a building firm owned by a well known lawyer, who no doubt will not be held criminally accountable for allowing her overloaded pickup to be driven by a macho kid. The police now have their dead scapegoat to carry the can and all that now remains is the passing of envelopes.

Thanks for the update.

It is not in the press as far as I can see.

A very sad event.  ☹️

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Thanks for the update.

It is not in the press as far as I can see.

A very sad event.  ☹️

Yes, very sad, especially being all young people. What I can't understand is that very little that goes on in KP gets in the press. When I came here 11 years ago, I was told that more than 100 people died in MC accidents per year on KP, and I've heard of some terrible examples. It makes me wonder if that kind of news is deliberately suppressed.