Car paint in Cans?

thailand49

In Pattaya area, or can order online?

I'm on the Darkside of Pattaya, the store in the past I purchased spray paint for cars or motorbikes closed and moved to where not sure?

These are Acrylic and Urethane Spray paint refer to as 1K and 2k System.  Basically once in a while I a hold of a old bike I remove the old panels and spray paint these panel and put them back on give me something to do in my spare time.  As noted the store has closed these shops in general who sell have color panels of cars mounted outside the store to identify itself. These paints cans in no way are what is purchased at general hardward, Homepro, DYI.

Does anyone know? 

Thanks

This Facebook page (in Thai) is in the Pattaya area and sells the paint you're looking for, but I have no experience with them. 

Pattaya Project Color Link

Also there's many auto body shops on Sukhumvit you may want to visit.

IMO it might be safer & cheaper to order from Lazada.

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have seen Honda M/C colors sprays in Thaiwatsadu and other acrylic paints, and in most hardware stores.  

Thanks, I've been to Thaivatsadu, many stores Acrylic but the paint is got to include Urethane, finish product need the clear coat cans.  Same with many of the hardward stores I've been.

For example: my last project a PCX, white, keeping the bike the same color I picked a while Peal finish top it off with the protective clear coat. So far regular stores don't carry.

12 minutes ago, bbko said:

This Facebook page (in Thai) is in the Pattaya area and sells the paint you're looking for, but I have no experience with them. 

Pattaya Project Color Link

Also there's many auto body shops on Sukhumvit you may want to visit.

IMO it might be safer & cheaper to order from Lazada.

So far no luck,  I've gone up and down the northern side of Sukhumvit which is down to the  Bunglamung police station under the freeway and back up. The auto body shops I've stopped showed them my can they don't carry and I've yet to see a show that advertised usually with car panels hung outside the shop this is a indication of them selling.

I've sent the shop you refer a Message I took down the number will have my son call them but from their facebook this is what I'm looking for.  I wouldn't attempt a car but as for bikes I've done a number now and they turn out great. Servicing my bike I always get a few thumbs up. I will check out Lazada too.

I spent an hour on Lazada,  there are certainly many options although no clear indication cans marked as 2K is a tip the problem they don't have the color I'm looking for which is a two part, basic white to get the Pearl finish you need another can to spray over the white.

I will continue to look, the other lead I don't think they have a store I tried the number no answer I messenger also no responds. At this point not really concern too much about the price Lazada seem cheap but I need to see it first hand.

Thanks, tomorrow if no leads going to do a recon up and down Sukhumvit.

Clear, "Falt" (flat?) white, black, gray primer and a few other colors of 2k spray paint pop up on Home Pro's website; scroll down to the bottom of this page to see other colors available.

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1035293?lang=th&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz8emBhDrARIsANNJjS5v9L4_jOvrEuqBRalaJQYfhYLWhE4MyrGOPC4NDlVJRTOmePxLcBgaAns2EALw_wcB

Edited by bbko

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Clear, "Falt" (flat?) white, black, gray primer and a few other colors of 2k spray paint pop up on Home Pro's website; scroll down to the bottom of this page to see other colors available.

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1035293?lang=th&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz8emBhDrARIsANNJjS5v9L4_jOvrEuqBRalaJQYfhYLWhE4MyrGOPC4NDlVJRTOmePxLcBgaAns2EALw_wcB

555, my bad, that's for 2X paint, not 2K, sorry.

48 minutes ago, bbko said:

I will take a look actually years ago I got the idea from a YouTube video guy using the Rustloem products. 

What I learn maybe it is the selection the m as in finish " Pearl White " it is sold two parts First seem like a flat white a primer then the application of the glossy Pearl the finish is just like the inside she'll of a oyster.  

The flat white was like 300. Baht. Didn't look anything special I couldn't get a regular DIY for 60 baht  but when I experimented the final finish was different. 

The clear coat is the most important it protects the color shine. A bit expensive the 2 K clear I buy at the shop was 450 Baht. 

Through you and the Thai responder I'm getting some good suggestion. 

Hoping the seller in Pattaya calls back the old shop moved to Bangkok contacted my son said if we want can order through them if in stock will bring it down to Pattaya since they haven't moved everything put the old. 

Thanks a million for the time and leads. 

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

hardware house on the 36 road do a 2k range of motorcycle paint colours, also do a clear coat

36, is that the old road one had to take prior Hwy7 being built? 

Basically from Sukhumvit north bottom heading to Siraicha right loop leads up to the DLT and the International school?

Is that correct if so heading up or heading down? 

Thanks 

38 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Basically from Sukhumvit north bottom heading to Siraicha right loop leads up to the DLT and the International school?

Thanks 

https://www.hardwarehouse.co.th/store-locator/

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I spent an hour on Lazada,  there are certainly many options although no clear indication cans marked as 2K is a tip the problem they don't have the color I'm looking for which is a two part, basic white to get the Pearl finish you need another can to spray over the white.

I will continue to look, the other lead I don't think they have a store I tried the number no answer I messenger also no responds. At this point not really concern too much about the price Lazada seem cheap but I need to see it first hand.

Thanks, tomorrow if no leads going to do a recon up and down Sukhumvit.

I buy automotive urethane clear from Lazada, I use it on my model cars, but it comes in 1 liter cans with activator, so I spray with an airbrush, I don't think I've ever seen it in aerosol spray cans though. I have seen custom colors of paint on Lazada, like candies and pearls probably in 1 liter also. I can verify that the urethane clear works good, and can be sprayed over most any type of paint.

25 minutes ago, Tedly said:

I buy automotive urethane clear from Lazada, I use it on my model cars, but it comes in 1 liter cans with activator, so I spray with an airbrush, I don't think I've ever seen it in aerosol spray cans though. I have seen custom colors of paint on Lazada, like candies and pearls probably in 1 liter also. I can verify that the urethane clear works good, and can be sprayed over most any type of paint.

These are what I been using.  They work great for small project like motorbikes.  

IMG_20230808_132317.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 5:55 PM, thailand49 said:

Thanks 

take the 36 road heading towards rayong/ trat, go past the roadworks at the 331 junction, keep driving and you come over the brow of a hill, maybe 10km, and then a petrol station with a macdonalds, hardware house is immediately prior to that, paint cans are on the far left of the aircon section of the shop. good hunting

8 minutes ago, steve187 said:

take the 36 road heading towards rayong/ trat, go past the roadworks at the 331 junction, keep driving and you come over the brow of a hill, maybe 10km, and then a petrol station with a macdonalds, hardware house is immediately prior to that, paint cans are on the far left of the aircon section of the shop. good hunting

Thanks that is exactly what I needed.  Based on your instructions reason I couldn't find it yesterday I started from the bottom of Sukhumvit (3), headed up to 7 to Rayong, On the right I look no luck cut for time I make a u-turn at the International school and head back down. 

From instruction it is on the other side of Hwy7.

The shop dropped off all my paint yesterday for the future I rather find a local shop brick and mortar thanks again. 

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Thanks that is exactly what I needed.  Based on your instructions reason I couldn't find it yesterday I started from the bottom of Sukhumvit (3), headed up to 7 to Rayong, On the right I look no luck cut for time I make a u-turn at the International school and head back down. 

From instruction it is on the other side of Hwy7.

The shop dropped off all my paint yesterday for the future I rather find a local shop brick and mortar thanks again. 

its a big shop, nuts bolts, sheet metal guttering etc, in an outside non aircon section on the left as looking at it , tools, paint household stuff etc, in the right hand side which has aircon, worth spending some time in there as has a good selection of stuff, when leaving there is a u turn a short distance away.

23 minutes ago, steve187 said:

its a big shop, nuts bolts, sheet metal guttering etc, in an outside non aircon section on the left as looking at it , tools, paint household stuff etc, in the right hand side which has aircon, worth spending some time in there as has a good selection of stuff, when leaving there is a u turn a short distance away.

Thanks, I like spending time at places you mentioned I constantly got projects home and my apartment fixing and improving things are instant as with any ownership. It gives also good idea with the cost of material. 

Thanks greatly appreciate it landmark Big Mac. 

• Like 1