Work visa without degree

Is there any way to get a work visa without having a degree, (legal or otherwise)?

I'm thinking of 2 scenarios:

1) Person is under contract with a reputable language school which has offered to go through the process of obtaining a visa  - but school is aware of employees lack of proof of degree.

2) Person not under contract with any employee.

I read something on this site earlier (not on the forum - but the actual site) that said the Thai Immigration's requirement was a degree certificate, or transcript, or resume.  Now is that implying one can print a resume stating one has a degree and give that to immigration?  Surely not?

Thanks for any replies, if you want to be discreet please send me a message.

• Like 1

On the work permit application form, you must list educational credentials.  You must then include as an attachment a copy of either a diploma or transcript from each educational institution listed.

As far as I have been able to tell, from applications that my firm has processed for clients, Thai Ministry of Labor does not take the time to verify academic credentials - or even if the school exists.  They just want to see a document that "looks right" with your name on it,so that they can "check the box".

Hope that helps.  I run a business that - among other things - processes work permits - www.indo-siam.com.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

I have a work permit without degree was no problem, she never see the study papers.

Government was very flexible,

Maybe that there not many farangs are in this Province.

(Southern of Thailand)

To: Dr. Pat Pong

No, I teach no English, here are not many farangs and all the English schools asked or you want teaching.

Teachers from the University have a clause that she not can teach on other schools.

To: Edward B

At first we go to Provincial Employment Office for apply, but works slow, we asked who must give the permission that is

the Office of Governor we contact that office and work permit was quickly ready. I don't know or that is the same in the Songkhla Province. I need a work permit for own company