Samut Prakan 90 day experience today.

2 hours ago, BeerAttractedPerson said:

I've been going to Samut Prakan immigration for about 4 years now, never had any issue there, whether extension of stay, tm30 or 90day report. Always in and out very fast and no fuss.

Just went to the IO in Nakhon Pathom... got my Marriage Visa ext'n stamp and my latest 90 day stamp at the same time... took 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

I botched my online reporting because I didn’t know from the Thai Immigration site that Online reporting has no “grace” period. You must do it by or fourteen days before your “ due” date. Fortunately when applying in person there is a four day leeway, which we were within when we went today and Mrs.Kwai was happy to not have to pay the 2,000 TB late fee.

Still a PITA as the office is not close, but I discovered a lift from the food court to the second floor office! ( After having laboriously climbed the narrow stair with my cane; a stroke in Feb. and fractured pelvis have taken a toll.)

The officer we dealt with at window 11 was helpful and smiling. I think my best experience at SP immigration to date.

Better early than late, folks.

Online you can do it up to the date it is due, in person there is a seven day grace period 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2023 at 8:35 AM, brianthainess said:

It's a seven leeway, and you didn't have to climb the stairs, your wife can go alone.

Correction on my part; it was four days for us because of Sunday and prior appointments.

We figured it was safer for me to go in case there was any irregularity, besides which the image of a disabled elder is still often culturally advantageous in Thailand. I am not afraid to trade on it as I AM a disabled senior.????

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Correction on my part; it was four days for us because of Sunday and prior appointments.

We figured it was safer for me to go in case there was any irregularity, besides which the image of a disabled elder is still often culturally advantageous in Thailand. I am not afraid to trade on it as I AM a disabled senior.????

Me too, but stairs are the worst for me, last time my missus went in they asked her if I was ok, I have quite a good rapport with my IO as does my wife. Left her in the car once, and was asked where's your wife, ''out in the car'' one lady official came out to the car and gave her a bag of dried bananas. Trat IO.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Also, for reports during the grace period, some offices insist that it is done by you, and not by someone on your behalf.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2023 at 3:19 AM, BeerAttractedPerson said:

I've been going to Samut Prakan immigration for about 4 years now, never had any issue there, whether extension of stay, tm30 or 90day report. Always in and out very fast and no fuss.

Can I assume when you say "Extension of Stay" you are referring to extending a Tourist Visa for another 30 days.???

If not, can I do a 30-day extension after my Tourist Visa expires at Samut Prakan Immigration office as I am staying around the Bang na area & have been going to CW for my 30 day extensions.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Straight8 said:

Can I assume when you say "Extension of Stay" you are referring to extending a Tourist Visa for another 30 days.???

If not, can I do a 30-day extension after my Tourist Visa expires at Samut Prakan Immigration office as I am staying around the Bang na area & have been going to CW for my 30 day extensions.

Cheers

You  must use the office where your TM30 is filed

On 12/27/2023 at 8:24 PM, Straight8 said:

Cheers

Howdy, personally I'm doing 1y extensions, but if you are registered to a hotel etc in Samut Prakan you can do a monthly tourist extension at that office. Best to go Tuesday to Thursday, almost no people in line.

On 12/31/2023 at 12:57 AM, BeerAttractedPerson said:

Howdy, personally I'm doing 1y extensions, but if you are registered to a hotel etc in Samut Prakan you can do a monthly tourist extension at that office. Best to go Tuesday to Thursday, almost no people in line.

Thanks BAP, I'm on a SETV and want to extend for another 30 days, but hate the thought of going all the way to Changwattana. I'm not too far from the Samut Prakan office, so was hopeful it could be an alternative options.

So you recommended, Tue/Wed/Thur ???

On 12/31/2023 at 12:57 AM, BeerAttractedPerson said:

Registered to a Hotel in Samut Prakan? Well we (partner) did a TM30 online as I'm staying with her. Does that still count or I need to go to CW ???