A Facebook password scam?

Bangkok Barry

Today, I received this email (screenshot) which says it is from security@facebookmail dot com. Looks legit and it was sent to both my normal email address and the one I use for FB recovery. I haven't made a reset password request and my account is working normally. I also don't click on links I'm unsure of. Anyone else had something similar recently?

Screenshot 2023-08-11 113214.png

Never...NEVER click on any link via email, no matter how official it looks. Far better as suggested by others to check on the real website or better to give them a call. Even on a Mac nowdays, all the viruses and piracy seems to increase, considering the price drops on Apple computers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Never...NEVER click on any link via email, no matter how official it looks. Far better as suggested by others to check on the real website or better to give them a call. Even on a Mac nowdays, all the viruses and piracy seems to increase, considering the price drops on Apple computers.

Yes, as I wrote. I never click on suspicious links. Ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks to me that someone tried to reset your Facebook password, and Facebook wanted to verify that it was you. I think it did come from Facebook.

That said, I would not click on any link in that email, in case that it was not legitimate. Always go to the website directly.