george

REMINDER: CHIANG MAI BBQ PARTY

Venue: TUSKERS BAR

Time: from 7.00pm

Date: Saturday 18th August

Map to Tuskers:

post-128-1184238617_thumb.jpg

Venue web site: http://www.tuskersbar.com/

This is a private party sponsored by ThaiVisa.

Thai Visa members +1 guest OR partner ONLY. Children are also welcome!

The simple rules are:

No Registration in this thread = No name tag = No food or drinks!

ThaiVisa Name tags will be provided to those who have registered here!

This thread is for sign ups only. All other dumb or irrelevant comments/questions etc. will be deleted.

Members must register their intent to come on this thread prior to the event, or they may well not be admitted.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in, I'll be there +0, actually my gf might not be happy with that, better make it +1, sorry this has to be my first post but thats ok, been following Thai Visa for years.. Maybe now the first ones out of the way the rest will come easy.

Edited by Juztin

Second update

We learn something new everytime we have one of these parties and this one is no exception. When we stated that children were welcomed, what we should have stated was that if for some reason you decide to bring a child and you dont mind doing so in a bar environment with free beer flowing, you would not be disallowed attendance to the function. It is first and foremost a "meet and greet" party for Thai Visa members, and right now there are as many children attending as members. So I must apologize for not being as precise as I should have been in the invitation wording and just remind the members that there are going to be many adults at Tuskers and with no dedicated childrens area available, perhaps some of you may want to consider hiring a babysitter for the night.

p1p+1

Ulysses G.

eek

soirsamui

princealbert+1

richard10365

ikwiljou+1

ZL1DD

L&J

skoperism

PeaceBlondie

jackr

Gaz Chiangmai+1

LV_Panda+1

Wadey+1

Tommyd827+1

irishinchiangmai

Rice_King+1

chopsticks+1

chuchok+1

Ta22+1

Donnyboy+1

climb512+1

mickjn

NaiGreg+1

Jai Dee+1

Niloc+1

iang+1

smallpotato+1

Tawai+1

Benlucky+1

Nokhuk+1

Leethom

Das65+1

ThaiPauly+1

JuniorExPat+1

eenloss+1

MyPenRye

colinm

Nienke+1

mcgriffith

anonymouse+1

j0j0+1

adam1

Steve2UK+1

zorro1

Cian

calibanjr.+1

Sanpatong

Blinky Bill

yumidesign+1

darkstar1943+1

SgtBilko

Crow Boy+1

monkeyofdoom+1

silverhawk_usa+1

CM-Joe

jimjel+1

wolfmanjack+1

realthaideal+1

Artey

swain+1

Pantip+1

0zz1+1

sabaijai+1

thaimiller+1

Priceless

Mr.StickyRice+1

Juztin+1

cnxmike+1

thanyaburimac+1

Tywais+1

Horst+1

Zpete+1

Austhaied+1

rexy+1

Rasso+1

Linda2+1

Happy7

Diablo Bob+1

fn2CM+1

Maejo Man

Chorizo+1

Just to let folks know that direct reservations with the Montri Hotel are working, just did mine:

>From: "MacAlan Thompson"

>To: [email protected]

>Subject: C. Mai Trip

>Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:22:51 +0700

- Show quoted text -

Dear Mr.MacAlan Thompson

Thank you very much for made the reservation with us .We are please to

confirm your booking on 18 - 21 August 07 for one room .The room rate 750

baht per room per night .( Tax and sevice charge are included breakfast

extra ). So, are you the guest from ThaiVisa the hotel can give discount

for you 10 % ( room only ). We are please to pick - up you from the airport

to our hotel on 18 August 07 at time 14.05 pm. ( DD 8314 ).

We are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Yours sincerely ,

Mrs.Ratchanee Tiyaworabun

Resevation

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note the 10% discount because of TV association!!

Mac

The Mouse, Mrs. Mouse and our three little rodents will be there. Although we may opt to use the babysittting service through the Hotel to take care of the rodents as the hour get's later.

Edited by mouse

Please take note of the following....

We learn something new everytime we have one of these parties and this one is no exception. When we stated that children were welcomed, what we should have stated was that if for some reason you decide to bring a child and you dont mind doing so in a bar environment with free beer flowing, you would not be disallowed attendance to the function. It is first and foremost a "meet and greet" party for Thai Visa members, and right now there are as many children attending as members. So I must apologize for not being as precise as I should have been in the invitation wording and just remind the members that there are going to be many adults at Tuskers and with no dedicated childrens area available, perhaps some of you may want to consider hiring a babysitter for the night.

I think you're still not clear enough Buckwheat. I think it should say "Members can bring one guest, and that guest may be anyone, including a child, if they so wish, but understand there are no dedicated childrens areas available." That is assuming I'm reading it correctly.

I think you're still not clear enough Buckwheat. I think it should say "Members can bring one guest, and that guest may be anyone, including a child, if they so wish, but understand there are no dedicated childrens areas available." That is assuming I'm reading it correctly.

You are reading it correctly, and I was trying to be as reasonable as possible considering this is an adult party thread and I was hoping that everyone would "read between the lines", so to speak.

Once again, I apologize for not being as clear as I should have been.

As I said before,we learn something new each time, and we have never had this situation occur at any previous party we have sponsored.

I'll leave it up to the judgment of the good folks in Chiang Mai to do the right thing.

Isn’t lannarebirth saying that a child counts as your 1 allowed guest, therefore you can’t bring a wife and child. Unless the rules have changed then there have been several mentions of this already and the above is not the case.

Jake

Isn’t lannarebirth saying that a child counts as your 1 allowed guest, therefore you can’t bring a wife and child. Unless the rules have changed then there have been several mentions of this already and the above is not the case.

Jake

Ok,

One last time.....the party is for Thai Visa members and their 1 wife/1 husband/1 partner/or 1 guest.

IF someone MUST bring a child, they are welcomed to do so without fear of being told to go away.

But it should be the exception...not the rule.

This is, in an attempt to put it in perspective, A PISSUP for adults with lots of beer at a bar. There are not going to be clowns and pinatas, there's going to be BEER...and lots of it.

I hope that clarifies things.

It might have been discussed before but I might have missed it. I haven't been to Tuskers yet but I do know the area.

There are 80+ people on the list of attendees. Where will they park? Imagine if 80 people brought 80 cars.

I don't think the little soi by Tuskers can accomodate 80+ cars. Even 80+ motorcycles would be difficult.

I might be a good idea to list the parking plans in the invitation.