US Ambassador Town Hall

sqwakvfr

The U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai invites U.S. citizens in Chiang Mai and nearby districts to attend a townhall meeting with Ambassador Robert F. Godec, on August 29th from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Topics will include Mission Thailand priorities and frequently asked questions about consular services.

I am going to see what the Ambassador is like.

• Confused 1

Unfortunately, the meeting is only scheduled for 1 hour.  After speeches by the Ambassador, Consul General, etc., that doesn't leave much time for answers to questions we have about consular services.

And, also unfortunately, the meeting is being held in a not very central location.

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This is what he is like...

image.jpeg.4cd5e673686ece7e46c7e7958cf6a480.jpeg

Ok. Captain Obvious, thank you.  I said "what he is like" not what he looks like"? Sometimes an ambassador speaks like a real person and not like a career bureaucrat.  I heard two Ambassadors to Afghanistan speak in Kabul.  One was a retired Army General and the other was a State Department lifer. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 11:36 AM, CMBob said:

Unfortunately, the meeting is only scheduled for 1 hour.  After speeches by the Ambassador, Consul General, etc., that doesn't leave much time for answers to questions we have about consular services.

And, also unfortunately, the meeting is being held in a not very central location.

I never got a email reply about he location of this event?  It is suppose to be tomorrow.  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I never got a email reply about he location of this event?  It is suppose to be tomorrow.  

You apparently didn't read the online document you signed to attend....as it was plainly spelled out there.  You may now self-use the Captain Obvious moniker....lol.

32 minutes ago, CMBob said:

You apparently didn't read the online document you signed to attend....as it was plainly spelled out there.  You may now self-use the Captain Obvious moniker....lol.

Mine said a follow up email will notify me of the location of the event. Thanks from Capt Obvious.

I registered on Aug 18 and so far no reply from the consulate. 

Ok I registered again and now the registration form has the location of the event on top of the form.  When I registered on Aug 23 the location was not on top of the of form and it indicated the location had not be determined yet.  Or I just missed it.  

You are right it is rather out of the way.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

1 minute ago, Dante99 said:

that was part of it, what was the rest?

Sorry here is the location and time:

August 29, 2023 Townhall Registration
The U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai invites U.S. citizens to attend a townhall meeting with the U.S. Ambassador on Tuesday, August 29, 2023 from 14:00 p.m. - 15:00 p.m. Topics will include the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Thailand Mission Priorities and updates about consular services for U.S. citizens in northern Thailand.

The townhall will be at Science and Technology Park, Chiang Mai University : CMU-STeP.  
Floor 2 (A Building) Northern Science Park : NSP 155 T. Mae Hia A. Mueang, Chiang Mai 50100
Click this link for the google map location: https://goo.gl/maps/kU9og6fFqy6LQqiC9

We encourage U.S. citizens in Chiang Mai and the districts nearby to attend. Please answer the questions below to confirm your registration. If you have any questions about the event, please email [email protected].