Underground Water Tank - Pattaya - Do you know a source other than Big Box Stores

Longwood50

I know I can go to Homepro, Thai Watsadu, etc for a water tank.  I am building a house and need two septic tanks and two water tanks. I see on Facebook ads for brands like D-One and P&S that are much less expensive.  I don't know if the quality is the same as DOS or WAVE but I want to see in person.  

Does anyone know know of a good source for tanks here in Pattaya and does anyone have experience with P&S or D-One.  

The price indicates the quality, DOS and WAVE aren’t jacking up the price because of the name.

A much lower price is almost certainly a much lower quality.

FWIW some people like the rather overpriced drink that MacDonald’s sells and may even get the name right. Other people like to drink good quality coffee.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The price indicates the quality, DOS and WAVE aren’t jacking up the price because of the name.

They price "may" indicate quality.  So are you telling me the construction quality of a Louis Vuitton luggage is better than a Samsonite? 

In today's world a huge proportion of companies,  I don't know about WAVE or DOS are nothing but marketing and distribution firms.  They contract with a manufacturer and have them stamp their name on it. 

I can tell you I was in the furniture business.  I bought mattresses direclty from the manufactuer.  The mattresses were identical except for the cover of the outside fabric.  They would put whatever name and logo you wanted.  So you put a more luxurious cover and jack up the price but what you got was the same mattress. 

I looked at three absolutely identical range hoods.  They all had different prices on them depending on whether they were a "brand name" or an off brand.  

In any event I didn't ask for a lesson in getting what you pay for.  I specifically asked where I might be able to view the product first hand and make my own determination if the product quality was comparable. 

In the case of WAVE and DOS they sell through retailers like Thai Watsadu and Home Pro.  As a former retailer myself I can tell you the markup is not 10% to 15%.  When they run a 50% off sale or buy one get one, they are not losing money on it. 

11 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

They price "may" indicate quality.  So are you telling me the construction quality of a Louis Vuitton luggage is better than a Samsonite? 

I actually wrote “the price indicates quality” you may have been in the future business but certainly grammar seems somewhat optional. ???? 

when you are going into fashion to illustrate your points then you are into fantasy land. Louis Vuitton is into fantasy pricing, but it is certainly likely that the construction and QC is better than Samsonite, it isn’t better enough to justify the difference in price, that is done by brand recognition.

37 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

“the price indicates quality”

Ok Bob Villa.  Again I didn't ask for your "opinion"  I did ask where a person could view in person.  I can tell you that in today's world a substantial amount of product is all produced in the same factory.  

If you go to Homepro or Thai Watsadu they have their "house names"  

For decades Sears in the USA did not make a single product but created the illusion of "quality" by putting its name Kenmore on it. 

Though price "may" be an indicator of product quality.  It is just as likely to be like Hafele here in Thailand a brand name that gets its products from the same factories as everyone else. 

32 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Ok Bob Villa.  Again I didn't ask for your "opinion"  I did ask where a person could view in person.  I can tell you that in today's world a substantial amount of product is all produced in the same factory.  

If you go to Homepro or Thai Watsadu they have their "house names"  

For decades Sears in the USA did not make a single product but created the illusion of "quality" by putting its name Kenmore on it. 

Though price "may" be an indicator of product quality.  It is just as likely to be like Hafele here in Thailand a brand name that gets its products from the same factories as everyone else. 

Your posting here gets you opinions and asking for them is optional.

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about, sure the product may come out of the same factory but it usually isn’t exactly the same product if you actually knew what you are talking about you would know that. Often the No name items are rejects from the QC of the supposedly the same brand. There are also cheaper mixes of raw materials and the mould thickness being squeezed down for a lighter cheaper product. So just because an item comes from the same factory doesn’t make the quality equal.

Take plywood, it’s all produced in the same plants but there can be so many variables that are specified by the buyer that it would not be unusual for the wholesale price to vary by 10 or more times between runs from the same plant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:
In any event I didn't ask for a lesson in getting what you pay for.  I specifically asked where I might be able to view the product first hand and make my own determination if the product quality was comparable. 

In a short period of time this topic has gone from coffee to luggage to cooker hoods to plywood, yet nothing about the OP’s question.

If I were you i would ask for this thread to be closed and open another entitled “ P & S or D-One water tanks, where to buy in Pattaya “ only,  because once you started to make comparisons the thread is lost .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Take plywood, it’s all produced in the same plants but there can be so many variables that are specified by the buyer that it would not be unusual for the wholesale price to vary by 10 or more times between runs from the same plan

Did you even read my post? 

I don't know if the quality is the same as DOS or WAVE but I want to see in person.  

Its amazing you have the ability to ascertain that the quality of these products are inferior despite never seeing them.  I am not as skilled as you and I actually have to see the products in person and to the best extent possible determine if they are inferior, as good or better. 

Now you seem to believe that just because you pay more for a product that somehow it is better.  I have no delusions that such a mindset is accurate.  Paying more only guarantees you have less money in your pocket and is no guarantee you got a superior product. 

But then again, I don't have your ability to ascertain quality without even seeing the product. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In a short period of time this topic has gone from coffee to luggage to cooker hoods to plywood, yet nothing about the OP’s question.

You are correct.  If I didn't know anything about where to look for a water tank or had no experience with either a P&S or D-Home  I would not reply for I have nothing of value to add.  However, this seems to be a routine for responders to posts.  They like to interject their opinion rather than respond to the question that an OP has asked. 

It must be because we are in Thailand.  It is a trait  here that no matter how straight you ask a question, you never get a straight answer. 

Edited by Longwood50
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/18/2023 at 4:58 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about, sure the product may come out of the same factory but it usually isn’t exactly the same product if you actually knew what you are talking about you would know that. Often the No name items are rejects from the QC of the supposedly the same brand.

I found a company in Bangkok that carries every brand.  They responded that the companies have to comply with the TIS  Thai Industrial Standards  816-2538.

Said that warranties and branding represent the biggest difference in pricing.  Some due to shape but mentioned three brand names that he said were all virtually equivalent despite price differences.