Worms In Asian Fish Tied To Liver Cancer

bingobongo

Yeah be careful with thwn pla raa

There are aslo live flukes that can be caused from som tam poo I beleive.

As the article says Hep B is rife and mostly untreated.

Chula Hospital has a very good department dealing with liver problems and we use it a lot in our clinical trials

Yeah be careful with thwn pla raa

There are aslo live flukes that can be caused from som tam poo I beleive.

As the article says Hep B is rife and mostly untreated.

Chula Hospital has a very good department dealing with liver problems and we use it a lot in our clinical trials

Howdy,

Will steaming the crabs kill the flukes?

My sister in law is having liver problems right now. They live near Pattaya Song, up country near Khon Kean. They catch and eat raw stuff all the time. I bet that live shimp salad could have parasites in it to.

Any ideas on how I can help her or what she can do?

I will research these worms and flukes more. She has been to the Doctor and has had an xray. However, all the family has been told, is that it is her liver and that it ain't too bad yet. She was given some pills to take three times a day and told not to drink beer or other hard drinks. Thats about it as far as Doctors orders.

Thanks for the post

*j*

Thought all this was common knowledge, back in the early 60,s medics in Leong Nok Tha were treating people for liver fluke caused by eating som tam pla in the village , cases of Hep B were medivacced to BMH Singapore,The only way to combat liver fluke is drink copious amounts of lao khao and lippo shandies, my body is falling to bits but they will have to beat my liver to death :o Nignoy

now THAT sounds delicious.....happy eating

cook the worms before eating :o

Uh, you mean cook the fish to kill the worms.

Problem is some parasites are spore formers and the heat isn't sufficient to kill the spores. So they hatch in you and still infect your liver.

Fun stuff, eh?

I think blood electrification (i.e. 'zappers' like the Hulda Clark-related models you can buy on eBay) will get rid of all of 'em. There are also herbal combinations available that will de-worm your liver and other organs with no harmful side-effects.

Also, merely steaming fish or crabs is not sufficient to kill all the parasites. Always thoroughly cook any water-borne animal before eating to be safe. Assume parasites are present.

Liver Fluke Induces Cholangiocarcinoma

Opisthorchiasis and Clonorchiasis: Major Regional Public Health Problems

Opisthorchiasis has been extensively studied in Thailand, where an estimated 6 million people are infected with the liver fluke (calculated from overall 9.4% prevalence within the population in 2001).

http://www.scientistlive.com/18261/liver-f...carcinoma.thtml

Edited by bingobongo