Trang boy’s condition worsens after alleged wrongful adrenaline injection

webfact

image.jpeg

A severe incident of medical negligence occurred in Trang Province, where a four year old boy’s condition worsened after allegedly receiving a wrongful adrenaline injection by a nurse. The Trang Province Public Health Office has initiated an investigation into the case, as stated by Chief Physician Sinchai Rongdech.

The incident saw the light of the day when the boy’s mother chronicled the ordeal on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter. The post, shared by @RedSkullxxx, revealed that the boy was admitted to a private hospital with symptoms of fever and cough on June 21. Although he was originally planned to stay for one night, his condition rapidly deteriorated after an adrenaline injection, leading to severe vomiting of blood and shock.

The young victim spent approximately four hours in the private hospital’s emergency room, during which attempts to revive him were unsuccessful. Consequently, he was transferred to Trang Hospital and later referred to the Southern Centre Hospital.

The four-year-old stayed in an intensive care unit (ICU) for 12 days, where he was diagnosed with an adrenaline overdose and respiratory infection.

by Mitch Connor

Image by Zerbor

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/trang-boys-condition-worsens-after-alleged-wrongful-adrenaline-injection

-- The Thaiger 2023-08-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 6

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

The young victim spent approximately four hours in the private hospital’s emergency room, during which attempts to revive him were unsuccessful. Consequently, he was transferred to Trang Hospital and later referred to the Southern Centre Hospital.

This makes no sense? "attempts to revive him were unsuccessful", doesn't that mean he had died? So why was he transferred twice? Very strange.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

This makes no sense? "attempts to revive him were unsuccessful", doesn't that mean he had died? So why was he transferred twice? Very strange.

This is Thailand.  Medical treatment not same as farang hospital. You tink too mut....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Think the story is mixed up. I would suggest the child got the wrong injection at a private hospital in Trang then passed on to the government hospital due to their inability to treat. I've been down that road twice with my son and once with my wife. I found the private hospital no better than a clinic with second rate doctors (one in particular was totally incompetent) always sent up at to the government hospital which provided first rate treatment and their private rooms are very nice and as good as a private hospital.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BritScot said:

Think the story is mixed up. I would suggest the child got the wrong injection at a private hospital in Trang

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A sad and tragic death which should never have happened,

Read the FULL ferking story. Jeez!.

• Thanks 1