One month in bangkok need room and a dumbbell 555

sidjameson

2 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Found I love my new routine.

I exercise with dumbbells.

Need to be in Bangkok a month. Near mass transit. Small gym ...even just one dumbbell. Budget 25k 

Hotel or Airbnb near a gym ok too.

Any ideas?

https://www.qboxblossom.com/facilities/

They've got a gym, cafe, restaurant, everything. I would email them for best price. 2 years ago it was 12,000 Baht a month w/2,000 baht deposit. 

Complimentary Access to Fitness and Pool.
✅ Maid service once a week.
✅ Complimentary Internet WIFI in room.
✅ Room service.
✅ Free parking space.
✅ Reception service.
✅ Self-serve Laundry facility

Edited by Furioso

26 minutes ago, Furioso said:

https://www.qboxblossom.com/facilities/

They've got a gym, cafe, restaurant, everything. I would email them for best price. 2 years ago it was 12,000 Baht a month w/2,000 baht deposit. 

Complimentary Access to Fitness and Pool.
✅ Maid service once a week.
✅ Complimentary Internet WIFI in room.
✅ Room service.
✅ Free parking space.
✅ Reception service.
✅ Self-serve Laundry facility

Doubt they would do only one month for that price

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Need to be in Bangkok a month. Near mass transit. Small gym ...even just one dumbbell. Budget 25k 

Any ideas?

The area near Victory is good.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You can buy dumbbells at any sports store or Big C, mine cost 300 baht.

Use Agoda to find hotels, preferably one with a swimming pool, good aerobic exercise.

Booking.com and Agoda are the same company (but different) now if I recall correctly. Gotta watch these guys (actually all) as the prices stated can fluctuate quite a bit. I think I recall returning to a hotel and the price magically increased substantially.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, bignok said:

The area near Victory is good.

Recently stayed at FX Metro (part of Furama group). Right around the corner from underground, one stop to Skytrain. Cannot recommend for gym nor swimming pool. All else was fine, room, breakfast, location, service, etc.

Many hotels will have a small gym with dumbbells. If an Airbnb  in a condo building  it will most likely have a small gym. And depending on the type of exercises you do I doubt one dumbbell with the same weight will be enough lol.  
But I don’t know your exercise routine. I’m guessing you at least want different weights to exercise different body parts. 
Keep in mind if you purchase a set of dumbbells.  You would either have to carry or ship them home or leave them there.  
I lived in Bangkok recently for a few years.  I go to gym’s regularly.  You could look into a Jett’s gym.  I was a member there.  Some gyms don’t give monthly membership. And if you are only exercising with a couple of dumbbells will be too costly. 
Lastly there is a free phone app called FitTripper.  It has gyms in Bangkok.  It will give prices and duration.  You join through the app. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 5:43 PM, sidjameson said:

Any ideas?

Buy elastic bands and kettlebells

https://www.decathlon.co.th/en/cross-training/cross-training-accessories-equipment-12579