Got Us Tourist Visa For Wife

my wife got a US tourist visa (2nd attempt) this week. its a 10 year multi entry.

i wrote a letter from my company stating my wifes job with the company, how much money we make and land, cars, bank accts etc we own.

we had all the bank books , chanohts, etc. to back it up but he didn't look at any of it, just my letter and asked the wife a couple of simple questions and got the visa, no problem at all.

we have been married about 18mths, 1st time we tried only marries about 2 months.

steve

my wife got a US tourist visa (2nd attempt) this week. its a 10 year multi entry.

i wrote a letter from my company stating my wifes job with the company, how much money we make and land, cars, bank accts etc we own.

we had all the bank books , chanohts, etc. to back it up but he didn't look at any of it, just my letter and asked the wife a couple of simple questions and got the visa, no problem at all.

we have been married about 18mths, 1st time we tried only marries about 2 months.

steve

Very Nice !

steve

Congratulations.

Its nice to hear of success stories. From what you have posted, your wife is high up on the scale of "compelling reasons to return to Thailand".

Her total dependency on you and your company for a job, the obvious high standard of living level she has here in Thailand and her emotional attachment to you who are Thai based speaks volumes. Why on earth would she want to overstay in the U.S. and work in a menial job when she has such a good life in Thailand?

I think these are the "compelling reasons" they look for when granting a visa.

A Thai married to an American living in Thailand on long term visa will almost always get the visa, just as long as the paperwork is filled in correctly and process followed.

The cases I know of where it was refused were due to the lack of effort (or arrogance) on the part of applaicant and her husband.

TH