30 Day Entry at Pakse

jonnit

I need 30 more days in Thailand before my flight next month. I have a driver to take me to the border, but he wants to take me to the border Pakse instead of Mukdahan. If I remember correctly, you only get 14 days at Pakse. However, I cannot find that information at this time. I am on a 90 day based on marriage with a 60 day extension already. Can I get a 30 day visa free at Pakse. Thanks

Depends . If you mean Chog Mek , Pakse is a hour inland past border. 
If you are from one of the countries that get 30 day entry without visa. 
Then about $50 to get into Laos visa fee. Then you should be able to bounce back into Thailand, if you have made any other boarder run this year. 
Your original text does leave off some information. 

27 minutes ago, Martyjustice said:

Depends . If you mean Chog Mek , Pakse is a hour inland past border. 
If you are from one of the countries that get 30 day entry without visa. 
Then about $50 to get into Laos visa fee. Then you should be able to bounce back into Thailand, if you have made any other boarder run this year. 
Your original text does leave off some information. 

We have not been on any border runs this year. Arrived on April 28 on 90 day marriage, then did a 60 day extension. We only want to go into Laos at the nearest location that will fulfill the requirement to renew of permission to stay for 30 more days. We are US citizens.  Thanks

I have never before received nor applied for a 30 day extension. My previous 9 entries to Thailand were based on Non O marriage and had a 1 year approval from the Thai Embassy before arrival. We always stayed 9 months, or less and never had a 30 day extension at the border. I did have a 60 day extension to my 90 day Non O at the local immigration office this time around. The wife, based on dual citizenship, was given a 1 year at that time. It's looking like I'll will be going to Mukdahan for an extension. Thanks

23 hours ago, jonnit said:

I have never before received nor applied for a 30 day extension. My previous 9 entries to Thailand were based on Non O marriage and had a 1 year approval from the Thai Embassy before arrival. We always stayed 9 months, or less and never had a 30 day extension at the border. I did have a 60 day extension to my 90 day Non O at the local immigration office this time around. The wife, based on dual citizenship, was given a 1 year at that time. It's looking like I'll will be going to Mukdahan for an extension. Thanks

You won't be going to Mukdahan for an extension. They won't issue one.

You are going to the Mukdahan-Savanbakhet border to enter Laos and, on return, get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

When is your next planned visit? Whilst crossing the border in to Savanbskhet, do long as you don't mind staying over for one night, you could go to the Thai consulate and apply for a 1 year, multiple entry visa, based on marriage to a Thai.

Why is your wife, of dual citizenship, being given " a 1 year at the time"? Why is she not travelling on her Thai passport?

On 9/19/2023 at 1:21 PM, youreavinalaff said:

You won't be going to Mukdahan for an extension. They won't issue one.

You are going to the Mukdahan-Savanbakhet border to enter Laos and, on return, get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

When is your next planned visit? Whilst crossing the border in to Savanbskhet, do long as you don't mind staying over for one night, you could go to the Thai consulate and apply for a 1 year, multiple entry visa, based on marriage to a Thai.

Why is your wife, of dual citizenship, being given " a 1 year at the time"? Why is she not travelling on her Thai passport?

My wife does not have a Thai passport.  She was given a 1 year at the local immigration office since she did not have to show funds in the bank. We only planned on being here for 6 months, therefore I did not want to transfer the funds required to facilitate a 1 year.  We are covered under Tricare for Life in the US and 6 months is about all the time we plan to be away from our doctors