Contact lens prescription

voyagerUSA

Hi

I wear multifocal contact lenses for which I got prescription some years ago at Rutnin hospital. Now I feel my vision has changed and I might need a new prescription. However, when I called Rutnin to my surprise they told me they no longer do contact lens fitting so they cant help me. Of course, I can always go to Bumrungrad but this is very simple and quick procedure and I wonder if anyone knows another place that will not charge me an arm and a leg as Bumrungrad surely would. Thanks

All glasses shops do the testing for free. Just go in and test.

I assume that works for most people.

For me I went to owndays and after 20 mins of tests they couldn't find anything that worked.

They told me go to hospital, get a script and come back.

The hospital are total stooges and milk every baht they can. First consultation he refused to even do tests saying I have "dry eye".

Gave me some overpriced eye drops and said come back in a few weeks.

Next time he did the tests. With 2 of the machines apparently requiring an extra surcharge for whatever reason.

Eventually he found lenses that worked and have me the stupid bit of paper to take back to owndays.

I got it sorted in the end.

A few years earlier at kt optic in pattaya they did the tests in store and found the right lenses there and then. I didn't buy though.

It just depends I guess.

6 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

All glasses shops do the testing for free. Just go in and test.

I assume that works for most people.

For me I went to owndays and after 20 mins of tests they couldn't find anything that worked.

They told me go to hospital, get a script and come back.

The hospital are total stooges and milk every baht they can. First consultation he refused to even do tests saying I have "dry eye".

Gave me some overpriced eye drops and said come back in a few weeks.

Next time he did the tests. With 2 of the machines apparently requiring an extra surcharge for whatever reason.

Eventually he found lenses that worked and have me the stupid bit of paper to take back to owndays.

I got it sorted in the end.

A few years earlier at kt optic in pattaya they did the tests in store and found the right lenses there and then. I didn't buy though.

It just depends I guess.

I met another farang out side the Pattaya hospital, the one on Soi Buckawo, a government hospital I believe, and he told he was asked to pay 500Bt before he could even see the doctor. I took a look inside the hospital and there were lot's of people waiting, Thai people. Am I supposed to believe that they had all paid 500Bt to sit down and wait for any treatment?

I cannot say for sure and can only go by what this farang said to me, but it does seem that only farangs are charged this 500Bt.