Got married and amphur (Ubon) kept my original MFA certified translated passport!

craftyone

Thought they were only wanting a copy which was what was said re what was needed before we made the appointment to marry.

Have appointment tomorrow (married today btw) with head honcho to get my yellow book/pink card process started and wife says he didn't ask for it.

I have copies of it of course.

Will drop by and ask the amphur if they do indeed keep it or ?

So my main concern is will I ever need this original for anything else?  

When I come back next year I'll finish my pink card and get Thai DL.  

I can't really think of why I might need it but I sure don't want to go thru the whole embassy/MFA ordeal again if I don't have to.

6 hours ago, CecilM said:

Except for our marriage, I never needed a translation of my passport ever again. So I wouldn’t worry if they kept it.

i think you’re right cause I don’t really know when I would need one for in the future but “TiT” keeps ringing in my head.
Guy that processed/approved my yellow book/pink card applications asked if I had it but I had a stamped copy from the amphur from the marriage registration and he was ok with that.  I have one more blue stamped copy now.  
I’ve heard of getting more stamped copies of the kor ror 2 and 3 so maybe I can get them to pull it if still have hard file.

If not can probably get another one when I goto Bangkok next year for my childs CRBA interview.  

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, craftyone said:

i think you’re right cause I don’t really know when I would need one for in the future but “TiT” keeps ringing in my head.
Guy that processed/approved my yellow book/pink card applications asked if I had it but I had a stamped copy from the amphur from the marriage registration and he was ok with that.  I have one more blue stamped copy now.  
I’ve heard of getting more stamped copies of the kor ror 2 and 3 so maybe I can get them to pull it if still have hard file.

If not can probably get another one when I goto Bangkok next year for my childs CRBA interview.  

FYI: I also have yellow book, pink ID, and driver’s license. Neither required translation of passport. (And like you said, you can always get another.)

• Thanks 1